Monday, January 28, 2008

Where is the Glamour?

As I get further and further into my mothering career, I am starting to notice that my standards are getting a bit lower. Not my moral standards or my religious standards, but my "what grosses me out" standards. I am feeling joy for things I NEVER thought I would. Here is a list that will explain what I mean:
I'm very happy when I wake up in the morning to find my daughter wet her bed....instead of wetting MY bed.

I LOVE seeing the toilet full of poop and tons of toilet paper....instead of seeing a toilet full of poop and NO toilet paper.

I love seeing that every blanket, pillow, towel, and wash cloth I own has been used to construct a massive hut....instead of my kids watching TV.

I like it when my kids are all sick!....at the same time....instead of dragging it out for weeks and weeks...

I'm so impressed with my quick reflexes in catching my child's vomit in my hand or shirt.

I'd rather watch Hannah Montana than ER.

I have more fun rocking out to The Wiggles, then I did attending the New Kids on the Block concert as a kid....(well, maybe that's not true, I still have a bit of a crush on Jon Knight)

I'd rather have a hug from a child then a million dollars....(ha ha..ok that's SO not true..It would be a nice little warm and fuzzy to end my list with, but I would SO take the money...then I could hug my family wearing "Gold Plated Diapers")

16 comments:

Jimi said...

I cannot believe that New Kids is not at the top of your list of greatest things ever done!!! Anyways that was a great blog-lol!

Jimi said...

check out this blog! What do you say-are you up for it?!

Jimi said...

I'm a retard--here is the blog. http://rameyfamily.blogspot.com/2008/01/newsflash.html
remember we saw Joel Taylor at NKOTB?!

Mike B said...

My wife is funny. I laughed out loud on this one. I don't laugh when I'm the one feeling the warm sensation on my hip in MY bed.

Jill said...

Jimi...let's go! I still remember being def in the ear that was closest to you. Remember seeing five microphones standing in the dark and knowing they would soon be on stage? I don't know how mnay times I prayed that I would meet them. I guess I still have a chance!

Rachel said...

you are freaking hilarious!! you make me laugh!

Heidi P said...

Alright your money comment at the end made me laugh out loud...

Shelley said...

My favorite...actually WANTING to pick boogers out of my children's noses.

Anna B. said...

Mike, your wife IS funny! With everything going on over here at this Bearden's house, I totally forgot that you guys had this blog and found it in my folder. I loved catching up and reading. I keep being told I need to leap into this medium. Not sure I can hack it!!!!! Jill is too witty!

Mindy said...

wow this is your most popular blog yet It was very funny!!! Mostly because we can all relate to it!

Mindy said...

Jill this has nothing to do with your blog really but the NKOTB reminded me. BON JOVI is suppose to be coming soon. Do you want to go to the concert with me and kYle? WOuld mike want to go? If not we promised Christian we would take him, he could be your date.

Anna B. said...

I want to go to the BON JOVI concert!! Who doesn't hear him singing in your head when you hear the words 'Livin' on a Prayer' or 'You Give Love a Bad Name'???? He rocks! :-) And BTW Jill, my girlfriend in high school (still my girlfriend) was absolutely in love with NKOTB and she wrote just that "NKOTB Rules" and "I (heart) NKOTB" Cracks me up that they're baaaack!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Ok...I think we should all go to Bon Jovi! I have wanted to go forever. Mindy...hook me up. Anna, Come on down! When is the show?

Mindy said...

I am not sure when the show is yet. He is on the first leg of the tour but he should do another and he usually hits Vegas and Salt Lake. I will let you know. Start spraying up that hair..we are going to rock like its 1989!
Mindy

Amy said...

Okay Jillsy, I have an account.. now I just need to get my page going. The Chuck Norris video was priceless! My boys especially liked Mike aka Chuck's hair flip at the end! Hope to see you on the blog soon!!

Amy said...

Jillsy! I got a page.. now I just have to do something with it. We loved the Chuck Norris video- it was priceless. My boys especially liked Mike aka Chuck's hair flip at the end. Hope to have you see me blogging soon!!