Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Lunch Lady Land

Today Ellie and I visited the school for lunch. The main attraction: Casie the Lunch Lady!
(one for you....one for you...Ten for MEE!) I thought she looked so adorable in her little paper hat and apron. She got the fun job of serving the yummy carrot cake...(is that was it was?) Yesterday she was "table wiper" and the day before that,it was "milk sales". I know she is dreading when she is on "scraper duty", but I bet that will end up being one of her favorites. I am glad the school has them do this. It gives the kids a chance to be responsible and feel important. I tried not to embarrass her too much as I snapped the photo. She's getting to that age where Mom is a bit dorky sometimes. ( I was always dorky, but now she is finally starting to realize it.)

Speaking of school lunch...I had a few memories that came flooding back of my own special time in the lunch room. Did anyone else have these experiences:

*cold lunch and hot lunch had to sit at different tables....I had to sit by myself most of the time! (no I'm not bitter at all)

* we had to work in the lunch room if we were caught with gum

* GEE MILK...enough said

* putting Ranch on EVERYTHING

* peanut butter bars! How did they make those taste so good?

* loving "Chili Day" because we also got doughnuts on that day

* singing for the students as they ate lunch...from a stage...with a microphone...(a little strange now that I think of it...but fun)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that my granddaughter serving up food?! Next thing you know I'll be ordering my Big Mac's from her! How cute she looks!

Stephanie F. said...

Very cute! You're such a good mom to go see her. I was just thinking yesterday (before I read your post) how much I liked "chili day" too. I think it was the breadsticks. And I'll be surprised if scraper duty is her favorite, haha!

Jimi said...

I so remember all of those things for lunch-if you would have just eaten hot lunch, you could have sat with all of the cool kids! (actually I begged my mom to let me take cold lunch every day!)BTW, I have the PB bar recipe, but they don't taste nearly as good when I make them.

Anonymous said...

Two words: Meat Gravy

Layne said...

I remember that my friends always gave me all their fish sticks. FOOLS!