Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Funny little happenings



Just a few funny things I wanted to write so they would be documented.....

Ellie is starting to read! I had written the sentence: " A fat pig sat." on a sheet of paper, and she was trying to sound it out. She was having a hard time with "fat". Annie, who was standing by, tried to help by saying," Ellie, remember, pigs are sometimes........" Then Ellie tried to answer her clue by guessing, "bacon?"

Another thing that made Mike and I laugh was something Annie said. She had to go to the doctor because we think she might have a urinary tract infection..(uugh). She needed to provide a urine sample, but was unable to produce at the doctors office (too much pressure). They sent me home with a cup and told me to store the sample in the fridge. Annie, who was very embarrassed that her "sample" would be seen by anyone, took it from me and brought it to the fridge. She started to giggle as she told Mike that she had put her pee in the fridge. He peered into the fridge but didn't see it. He asked Annie where it was. Without pausing, Annie stated, "It's behind the butter"

I don't know why, but that made Mike and I laugh our heads off.
Joke: how do you know a urine sample has been in your refrigerator?....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing at Annie's response.

Shelley said...

I love reading your blog! Your family is so entertaining!!

Jill said...

Shelly, you have no idea! lol

Shelley said...

Hey, you need to put a link on your blog for Sassy Sue!!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny.
Mindy

highdeekay said...

Now Phil and I are laughing our heads off. Thanks for sharing.

Mom said...

I think that your blogs are extremely entertaining.... :-) My nieces are hilarious... :-)