I've decided that I can't let too much time go by without sharing our December MAYHEM with those we love. Mike and I, as most of you know are both in performing groups. Mike with Voice Male performed 20 times this December including a trip to Arizona. They sang for many private parties and were wined and dined as usual. I got to attend one show at The Little America Hotel. We had a really yummy Buffet with Prime Rib, Fish, Chicken and all sorts of fruits and Salads. As for their public shows, they sold out two Thanksgiving Point shows, one Ogden show and two Logan shows. They also sang at Abravanel Hall for a huge crowd. It's amazing how even after attending hundreds of their shows, I still love to watch them perform. I also love watching the crowds reaction to their show. They truly bring joy to all who watch. It's amazing.

My singing group Voices, performed 18 times in the first two weeks of December. We had such a wonderful time visiting the Care Centers and Retirement homes. I did have to laugh at the comparison between my performing experience and Mikes. He was fed high class food and got standing ovations, while I sang for free and half my audience was asleep or yelling obscenities at me...lol It was wonderful for both of us though.
I would like to say that our singing groups were the reason I named this blog DECEMBER MAYHEM, but it's only the beginning. A few other things that are worth mentioning are these:
Starting a business (sassysueclips.com), getting called to be the Primary President, having three big family parties at my home, attending school programs, Taking the Annie's Brownie troop
Christmas Caroling, and last but not least......Christmas! I can't say that there weren't times when I wanted to quit everything and move to Siberia, but I truly feel blessed for all the good things in my life. It seems like all the things that cause me stress also bring the most joy into my life. I know the Lord has blessed me with tons of growth opportunities and I am so grateful for my happy full life.
2 comments:
I know I already told you, but I would love to hear your group. I already know you and your sisters are amazing :) We always enjoy Voice Male too! The Luthy's are my parents best friends in Malaysia! What a small world!
seeing Mike's group was the hilight of my Christmas. Thanks for inviting us, Jill!
we did get one standing ovation at Draper Senior Center. It was the couple in front that frowned at us the whole time. You just never know do ya?! LOL!
Post a Comment