
This is how Ellie went on errands with me yesterday. We ran to the post office and she insisted that she wear her princess dress. Yes, I know it's not uncommon for little girls to go out in public in their dress up clothes, but I have never seen another little girl wear her winter boots into the store while carrying her "princess shoes" in her hand, then quickly, (before someone sees..heaven forbid) rip off her boots and replace them with the shoes that match her dress. After she did this, she very daintily clomped around the post office to make sure she was seen by all! Actually , there was something good that came from the whole parade...(besides her feeling that surely there was no other princess as beautiful as she in all the land...or at least in all the post office) In the line ahead of me, there was a mom with two little kids. One was a boy about 5 and the other a girl around 2. The mom was trying to mail a bunch of things and was busy talking to the post master. Her kids were bugging the crap out of each other. The little sister kept smacking her brother, and he kept getting in trouble because of it..(those poor oldest children) Anyway, the little brat..I mean.. sweet little sister ,only stopped smacking her brother when her eyes caught the beautiful pink princess who gracefully came clomping past her. The little girl followed Ellie, mesmerized. I had to laugh. It was like we were at Disney Land and Ellie was the main attraction! Who knew a sassy pink dress and a crown could be a post office peacemaker.
2 comments:
I love it when I see kids dressed up on no special occasion. A princess or super hero (or dinosaur hair!)
Ellie, you look so cute.
Post a Comment