So I met a HUGE celebrity! Ok, so he's huge in Utah. This was over a year ago, but I thought it was worth documenting.
My sister Sarah has a friend who owns..(owned) a Clean Flicks in Orem. He held a CD release party for Kirby Heyborn in his store, and told Sarah and her husband Scott to come by. Mike and I happened to be visiting that night so we came along. We had so much fun. At first we decided not to wait in line (with a bunch of teenage girls) to see Kirby. We attempted to stand by him and get a picture without him knowing it, just for documentation purposes, but that made us laugh too hard. Finally, we bought a CD...(which I actually gave to my babysitter that night) and stood in line to get an autograph. It was a fun night. I don't know why I am embarrassed a little that I got slightly star struck. Maybe because he's really not that famous (although...how many times have Mike and I seen Son's of Provo?)
My sister Sarah has a friend who owns..(owned) a Clean Flicks in Orem. He held a CD release party for Kirby Heyborn in his store, and told Sarah and her husband Scott to come by. Mike and I happened to be visiting that night so we came along. We had so much fun. At first we decided not to wait in line (with a bunch of teenage girls) to see Kirby. We attempted to stand by him and get a picture without him knowing it, just for documentation purposes, but that made us laugh too hard. Finally, we bought a CD...(which I actually gave to my babysitter that night) and stood in line to get an autograph. It was a fun night. I don't know why I am embarrassed a little that I got slightly star struck. Maybe because he's really not that famous (although...how many times have Mike and I seen Son's of Provo?)
Here's Mike trying to "nonchalantly" get in a photo with Kirby


Here we are getting some "action" in line!
If any one would like my autograph, just send me $50 and I will send you a piece of stationary with my name stamped on it. ha ha
8 comments:
Kirby went to my high school :) He rocks! haha Kasey asked for Sons of Provo for her birthday, so funny!
I hate to tell you that you are not as cool as me... Kirby is my cousin! Yeah his family is originally from Delta-be you didn't know that!
I'm actually not suprised that you're related to him...I think everyone can be traced back to your family.lol
Well if ya wanna get braggy...I met President Thomas S. Monson, Richard G. Scott and Dallin H. Oaks...they were cool, we kept it real. Oh yeah and I had dinner with Colin Raye, he even knew I was at the table with him and talked to me and everythin. And I met Belle, Buzz, Mickey and Minnie mouse a Disneyland.
Oh, that was a fun night! I especially like the "action" of the evening. Once again, Mike looks very uncomfortable being photographed while kissing!!
Ok, I was just logging on thinking, "I love Jill's blog because she always has something new and cute to read. Then, whoa! psychadelic background. that's quite a shock, but new and exciting, just as I have come to expect from your blog. :)
ok, anonymous--braggy-I am President Fausts cousin, I sat front row at his funeral. I have met President Monson many times. Met all of the general authorities at President Fausts funeral. Beat that!
Ok, I didn't want to go here...but, Mike is Cousins with President Monson. He spoke at both of his Grandparents funerals, AND two Christmas's ago Voice Male sang for the churches Christmas party. We ate dinner with President Monson. President Hinckely was at the next table, President Faust was at another, and Five other general authorities were also there...That was one of three times we dined with them....HA! lol
Post a Comment