Today (as a Saturday job doing bribe) We told the kids that we would take them to one of three places. The Choices were: #1 Sledding #2 The Living Planet Aquarium #3 The Movies. Now, haven't we been parents long enough to know that children can never agree on the same destination without tears and/0r gnashing of teeth? I guess not. The girls all wanted to go somewhere different. With a little bit of coaxing, and me showing the girls what kids look like while watching a movie, (it resembled a wide eyed zombie eating popcorn) the aquarium won. Annie, who REALLY wanted to go sledding was very sad...(she even had her snow boots and gloves on before we decided for sure what were doing.) As we headed out the door, Mike (who is a major softy for big, brown, tear filled eyes) decided to throw the sleds in the car and let Annie sled down the hill just once. We weren't really
dressed for the snow...especially me, (notice the necklace, earrings and leather coat)...but we all ended up taking a ride down the hill. It actually turned out to be the very best part of the day. The aquarium was fun, but we thought it was over priced for how little they had there. Our lack of enjoyment may have also stemmed from the fact that we stopped by Costco on our way there....who stops by Costco on a Saturday afternoon and thinks it won't take a toll on their energy?
dressed for the snow...especially me, (notice the necklace, earrings and leather coat)...but we all ended up taking a ride down the hill. It actually turned out to be the very best part of the day. The aquarium was fun, but we thought it was over priced for how little they had there. Our lack of enjoyment may have also stemmed from the fact that we stopped by Costco on our way there....who stops by Costco on a Saturday afternoon and thinks it won't take a toll on their energy? I have to laugh at this picture. Why was Ellie so scared!? I wonder if she was looking at the prices. lol


4 comments:
That looks like fun! So my question is, did they do their Saturday jobs? and how fast did they do them?
I went to Costco today too and it zapped my majorly. I always think I will be out of there soon too.
We want to play with you and your cute kids!
Mindy
Yes! They actually did do their jobs.(after much nagging and threats) It only took half a day to do an hours worth of work. Hopefully all the "training", painful as it may me,(for me) will be worth it. See you soon! Are you coming to Disney land with us!?!?
We are still deciding about the Disney land thing. I really want to but I know Kyle has a lot to do with work he is in Arizon right now and going to San Farncisco next week end. Can we just play it by ear. In an attempt to get Kinley to be sweet I hinted to her of our intentions. It only worked for a few minuets but it was blissful while it lasted!j/k. We will let you know as time gets closer. I REALLY want to! Mindy
mike, you look a pansie growing out of the snow!
Post a Comment