Question: What has one swollen tonsil, major chills followed by major sweating, a sore throat, and a huge gland in her neck?
Answer: that would be ME!
I don't know if this is true, but I swear when I am sick, my senses are heightened a bit. I feel things and appreciate things more than I do when I'm healthy. Maybe it's because I am too exhausted to think about the things that normally occupy my thoughts. To be honest, this sickness has made me appreciate my family a lot more. I can't remember the last time I just layed in bed and listened to Ellie play with her Barbies. It's down right adorable. I loved hearing the little scenarios that she put her Barbies in. For instance, two barbies were out tracking. They knocked on the door of another barbie and asked her if she would like to hear about the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. (I won't mention that all three barbies were naked) She also had the Barbie's singing dramatic songs of woe. How they love each other and missed each other when they were gone. Even though I was sicker than a dog, I couldn't help but chuckle at her adorable imagination.
I also love laying and listening to Mike interact with our kids. He is so sweet and patient with them. Mike always steps up when I really need him and I'm so grateful for that.
I also was acutely aware of how much I missed Casie and Annie while they were at school. It hit me that they are gone for a LONG time during the day, and I really missed their presence in our home. Why don't I think of that when I am feeling good? Maybe it's a blessing that we get sick sometimes. It forces us to slow down and appreciate our blessings.......ok Heavenly Father...lesson learned...can you make it go away now?
3 comments:
ohhh Jill I am sorry your sick. It sounds like you are making the best of things though, you are good at that. Have you gone to the doctor? It sounds like strep to me. If you need anything just call.
Love ya Mindy
Hi. I actually ended up going to the doctor. It was strep after all. Thanks for your concerne.
Yikes...Strep can make you feel like your dieing! Its aweful. Love the naked missionary barbies! That is so cute! Its funny how humbling it is to be sick. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful! Cute blog-- fun to get to know you better! : )
Post a Comment