Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Your just reward....

Ok..yes, you guys got it! It's a BOY! We are so excited. I felt all along that it might be a boy, but to have it confirmed is still so mind boggling! I'm not sure I know what to do with a boy. I have to say that as I looked at that little "alien" bouncing around in there, I fell in love! Just looking at his round little head and long skinny legs made my heart melt. I have such a good feeling about him. I know he will be special and bring so much joy to our family. It was fun to look at Mike and see his beaming smile when we found out. Thank you all for your excitement and joy over our growing family.


Now....I have a FEW people to pay a compliment to! How did you all know!?



Stephanie: I love that she isn't afraid to be honest. She is a very real person and I like that about her.

Shelley: She is the most organized person I've met! She's also totally funny. She makes me laugh...and actually, that's sometimes hard to do. I am usually the one who makes people laugh, so when I find someone that is funny to me, I like it! That's Shelley! :-)

Mindy: She has such a charitable heart! She is so loving to her nieces and nephews. They all adore her because of it. Mindy is an good example of Christ like love.


Anna: She is one of the funnest people I know. She is so thoughtful and serves others constantly. She is also a wonderful Mom. She is ALSO the best hostess ever! You all should book a night at the Bearden B&B!

Brittni: Every time I read Brittni's blog, I am inspired to do two things...Take a photography class, and try to look better! She seriously seems to have it all together...she even runs marathons!


Betsy: Betsy is an amazing person! She inspires me to get more out of life. It seems like she's always having adventures and doing kind things for her family. I respect her for her constant desire to do uplifting activities.

Sarah: She is the perfect sister to have. I feel like I can talk about anything with her and we would both still think each other is amazing. She is so talented and is easy to hang out with....I like snuggling her on Sister Saturday. :-)

Andy...I mean Andrew: For one thing..I am impressed with his memory! He was always so down to earth in High School and I have nothing but good memories of him. :-)

Keri: She is such a cute girl. I love how kind she is to Casie and how she treats her like a best friend. She has such a great attitude and is rarely moody! (that's saying a lot for a 12 year old!)

Crystal: I love how soft spoken Crystal is. I seriously could never imagine her loosing her temper and yelling. She is always so organized and good at what she does. She's a fun, easy going Mom!

Kinley: I like how Kinley isn't afraid to define herself. (sporty) She is turning into such a beautiful girl. I was watching some videos she recorded with Casie...(lip syncing to Primary songs) and was struck with how pretty she was. I like to see the silly side of Kinley.

Jenny: She is SUCH a great Mom. She really seems to appreciate how wonderful kids are. I love how thrifty she is. She is also very down to earth.

Emily: Emily is so easy to have fun with. She is smart and stylish and hilarious. I am always impressed with her "attention to detail" and her commitment to those she loves.

So, There you have it...our winners! I couldn't help but feel bad for the three that guessed I was having a girl. I want to say something good about them too...but don't worry all you who chose boy..I will try not to put AS much thought into it as I did for your compliments. :-)

Suz: For one...she's a poet and I think she knows it! :-) She is also an amazing member of the church. She always seems to be on a spiritual plain that I can only hope to reach someday.

Heidi K.: I love the kind of Mom you are. You seem to take everything in stride, and you don't seem to get stressed out too often.

Natalie: You are also an easy going Mom. You act like you've had kids forever. You are also a great VT!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh!! thanks for the complament!! your really nice! well im happy your having a boy thats fun!!

Mindy said...

Jill
That was very thoughtful and a time consuming project. I was thinking youd say an obvious one liner about everyone like "mindy you are beautiful" but you really wowd us all. THanks!

Anna B. said...

This post should have been ALL about you and your wonderful news and yet you gave us all a compliment. How awesome is that? You made me feel good. Thanks!

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

LOL! You are too funny! Thanks for the compliments!

Betty Grace said...

Thanks- that is really nice. And quite a feat to have diffent things to say about everyone. You're great!

Shelley said...

That's funny you think I'm funny...when I think of my personality traits a sense of humor is not first to come to mind. Maybe it's my life stories that are funny! But I figured I would repay you...

JILL is a very creative person. Her house is beautiful and I love that she has made things out of "nothing." She also seems to handle the stress of life very well. Even though you have so much on your plate, you handle it with grace. And you are a very good friend to all! :)

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Thanks to you perfect sister! Your compliment was so nice. It picked me up on a "I feel like a whale and therefore I'm going to be rude to everyone" kind of day. I'm so glad to have you as a sister and I'll snuggle you anytime.:)
Sarah

Rachel said...

Man, I wish I had made a guess :-(
Those are very nice things you have to say about your friends, your very sweet.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON THE BOY.. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.. I WONDER IF YOU REMEMBER BACK IN THE OLD WARD WE WERE STADING OUT BY THE GIRLS RESTROOM I WAS HOLDING MASON AND I TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEEDED A BOY. YOU SOUNDED LIKE THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.. NOW LOOK YOU HAVE A BOY COMING ON THE WAY THATS REALY NEET. HE WELL BE REALY LOVED, THE GIRLS IN YOUR FAMILY, AND MIKE AND HIM WELL HAVE A NICE LITTLE BOND I BET HE IS REALLY EXCITED. DONT WORRY THEY ALL SAY THAT BOYS ARE EASIER. I WOULD SAY THERE PRETTY EVEN. THE ONLY THING THAT I WOULD SAY IS DIFFRENT, IS GIRLS HAVE MORE DRAMA, SO THAT WELL BE EASIER....