Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ode to a failing Dryer

I have a little dryer. It makes me want to fret.
I put the clothes in, turn it on, but still my clothes are wet.
I want to do my laundry, it's piling up so high,
But still we're forced to wear our socks before they are quite dry.
The pile is taking over! So deep, so wide, so smelly....
I cannot take it any more....(has anyone seen Ellie?)
Would it be so wrong, so bad, to throw them all away?
Just buy new clothes and socks and towels...start fresh! A brand new day!

* For those of you who would like to donate to the "Save the housewife from dirty laundry" fund........You can make a difference. For every 20 dollars you donate, it's one shirt, or one pair of jammies that this poor woman won't have to wash, DRY, fold or put away. If you would like to send clothes, please make sure to leave them on the hanger so she won't have to trouble herself with hanging it up. OR...if you know a good Dryer repair man, that would be nice too.

9 comments:

Betty Grace said...

hilarious! You're so clever. Well it's not hilarious that your dryer isn't working. That totally stinks. But's it's almost nice enough to hang them outside to dry and get that 'line fresh' scent.

Anonymous said...

Jill,
One time my dryer behaved just like yours. (I am not clever enough to write such a cute poem about it.) Ben took his ladder outside to look at the vent. Sure enough, a little mother and father bird had built a nest in it and were carefully watching over their eggs in the warmest home they've ever found. It was going well for them until we knocked out the nest...but my dryer works great now.
Sarah

Layne said...

What a nice poem! Maybe you could write one about my still-unfinished kitchen floor.

Shelley said...

I think you need Mike to rap this and record a music video...

Until you get it fixed, if you need to borrow a dryer you are welcome to pop on over! :)

Mindy said...

Thats sad, not only that the dryer does not work but that the laundry is piling up and up. Today I went through my closet and came up with a lot of cute stuff to give away at sister saturday. And yes, they are still on hangers. We got one of those "as seen on tv" gadgets that cleans out your vents and it was quite shocking how much lint was piled up in there! Maybe its your heating element...just kidding I have no idea what that is but I felt smart typing it.

Anonymous said...

thats a way good poem if ive ever heard one!! did you make that up just off the top of your head? or did you get it out of a book? well good job!!

Heidi P said...

Oh Darn, you CAN'T do laundry....
;)

Ben Hyde said...

LOL !!! For a moment I thought you were copying that poem from someone else. It was really good.
I probably can fix your dryer. Like Sarah said, I was able to fix hers and I have taken apart and repaired my old ones MANY TIMES.

P.S. Annie didn't put any real pigs in the dryer just to see what would happen, did she?

Claudia Teeples said...

I HATE it when my washer and dryer go out. Life stops. Go splurge on one of the big heavy-duty ones that your siblings are buying now.

Great ode. You have so much talent, Jill.