Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Three more weeks!

I scheduled my ultra-sound today! In three weeks we get to find out if the Bearden's will cross the gender threshold and have a boy, of if we will be blessed with a bit more estrogen in our home. I seriously just want him/her to be healthy and happy. I love hearing that little heartbeat!

On to names........
I am a bit obsessive when it comes to finding a name for our babies. I could talk about and ponder the matter for hours. I doodle the names, I say the names, I try different spellings, I write all the existing family members names down on a paper then add the perspective baby name to see if it "fits." I could never head to the hospital and not have the name already prepared. So, saying all that, here are a few names I like.

Girls: The middle name will be Ann after Mike's Mom
Leah Ann Bearden (I like the name, but I am not sure about the spelling)
Maddie Ann Bearden (there might be too many Maddies out there, but I think it's cute.)
Mary Ann Bearden ( try not to think of Gilligan's Island)

Boys:

M. Jack Bearden (M. would be after Mike...not Milk Man...lol...I think the name has a "General Authority" ring to it. I didn't do Michael Jack because it sounds too much like Michael Jackson)

Michael Thomas Bearden..we would call him Thomas or Tommy...( This is ONE name Mike suggested. I don't LOVE it, but I love the Prophet so it's ok.....not crazy about the train though)

Ellie keeps telling people we are going to name our baby Thomas S. Monson Bearden.

16 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

I personally think you are having a boy. My vote is for M. Jack Bearden (if my vote matters). Our boys have initials for their middle names. Adam said the same thing about their names, sounds like a prophet!

Jenny said...

I can't wait to talk to you. We really need to catch up! Darling names- I love thinking of names too! Hopefully you will get a boy and I'll get a girl if that lunar calendar is right!

Mindy said...

Cute names. Good luck on narrowing it down. You will be able to cut out about half in three weeks!

Layne said...

I have always loved the name Jack--that gets my vote. You should do a poll for all your name choices and let us vote for reals.

Betty Grace said...

I like the initial for the boy. Plus Jack is sort of Jack Ryan. Very cool. I like Leah Ann and the spelling. Fun!!

Shelley said...

3 weeks! I can't wait...it's a big deal when 3 out of 4 are already girls to see what is next! :) And you should learn to LOVE Thomas the Train just in case you ARE having a boy. He will become a central part of your life. I think it's in their testosterone or something to love trains. If you really can't handle it, just send him over to my house for a little while each day to get his fix. We've got more Thomas the Train than we know what to do with! :)

Emily West said...

I like M. Jack too. That sounds like it fits in your family. We all know you're trying to be mom's favorite though because she always wanted someone to name their baby Mary Ann. In fact, if it weren't for Saturday's Warrior, I think my name might have been Mary Ann! :)

Anonymous said...

oh it makes me feel a little better that asma only happens to sporty people!! ill take that as a commenplament!! well im not loving the names for some reason!! well good luck and thanks i like being called sporty!! and my mom even says i have athleets foot!! yay jk i dont even know what that means!!

highdeekay said...

I like Layne's suggestion. Or we could add it to a VM email and have all the fans write in suggestions (like they did for ours - not one person suggested Eden though).

I think Michael Thomas has a great ring to it! Nice names all though.

How fun for you and Jenny!

Keri Kemp said...

i like the girl names and the boy names! i hope you have a boy....or a girl......i dont know! i hope you have a good time!

Anna B. said...

I am rooting for Thomas Michael if it's a boy. I am not a big fan of naming a kid something and then calling him by his middle name. Jack is also a great name. Mary Ann is my favorite for a girl. I am so excited. Just found out a friend who is having twins that has two boys is having two girls. FUN!!! Glad you got the package.

Anonymous said...

Jill, you really are considering Mary Ann? That's hardly fair to all the other granddaughters!
Mom

Keri Kemp said...

hey i could do the song early! if you want at a fast sunday dinner,or ya you could wait:)
love the names!

again!

Jimi said...

I think you have to go with Maddie, because you can't break your pattern of names ending in 'ie'. But they are all really cute!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should do Maddie even though it continues with your -ie trend. Maddie sounds like she's mad and there's nothing mad or angry at the Beardens. I think your having a boy anyway, so I think Jack fits really well, but I like the power of Michael Thomas Bearden. He could carry the -ie trend but with a -y at the end, of course. -Cait

Heidi P said...

I LOVE Maddie adn Jack--- fun! I am excited to hear the news!!