Just kidding about the title. I am just ready for this audition thing to be over with! Yesterday we went to call backs. I never blogged about that, but all my girls made it to call backs. I know there were over 60 kids who tried out, and only about 7 in each age group got called back...so getting a call back was impressive. :-) After the first round, Casie got cut. :-( I thought she was, by far, the cutest one there, but there were a few girls who obviously had done a lot of theater before. I was really proud of Casie. She did a really great job! Her dancing improved by leaps and bounds and she showed a lot more confidence than she ever has. I know it was harder for me to see her get cut than it was for her. I wasn't sad that she didn't get to be in the play, just sad to see my sweet girl who worked so hard get turned down. I guess I never thought about how I would feel if they didn't make it. I am finding out that when it comes to my kids, I like games where everyone wins. The hardest thing about it is that I was the one pushing my kids to try out. I guess I feel like I set them up. I got them pumped and excited about the idea of being in a play, but I had no control over whether that would happen or not. I just feel sad that yesterday Casie didn't know that she wasn't just as good as everyone around her, and last night someone told her she just wasn't good enough. I know that kids have to learn that they can't have everything they want, but was it right of me to force this life lesson on her? UHHH...so much guilt we mothers hold. Casie said she was fine, it's turning out that it's ME that's having the problem. :-) We haven't even heard about Annie and Ellie yet...what will I do then? Am I over reacting??? This could also very well be a pregnancy hormone over-reaction.......
On a better note, I asked Casie to be the co-pro-master with me. We are excited to go garage selling and to the DI together scouring for that perfect prop. I actually think it will be fun to work together.
3 comments:
Tell Casie that Grandmothers "hurt" too. Remind her that she was chosen to perform for hundreds of people with Voice Male and was the star of the show...."this, too, shall give thee experience" and remember, the sun WILL come out tomorrow....I LOVE YOU CASIE!
Uhh...doesnt grandma know the play is Sound of Music and not Annie? She should have said something like "just think about a few of your favorite things and then you wont feel so bad". I am so totally just being clever. I totally feel for you and Casie. It is soooo sad when our kids dont get every good thing we think they should. But it is so ture that it will give them experiences that will show them you dont and wont win at everything in life and thats ok cause you still are a great person of infinite value. That way when the truley hurtful let downs in life happen in adulthood she will have had some experiances from her childhood to help her cope and understand that....the sun really will come out tomorrow. My kids have both been on teams (sports) that have suffered serious loses and you just have to think that it is making them better in the long run.
That makes me so sad for the both of you. But I'm glad that she is such a good girl that she is dealing just fine with it. I never realized that my hurts and losses as a child probably hurt my parents too. Parents have to hide a lot more of their feelings than they let on. It's tough being the mom!
Post a Comment