Friday, April 25, 2008

The hills are alive!

Well, Annie and Ellie both made the play! Annie is playing Marta, and Ellie is Gretl. I am going to be a pregnant Nun. Mike is going to read for Vontrap tomorrow (he ended up leaving the call backs yesterday to go to the Jazz game, but they still want to hear him...something tells me they may be desperate for men!) so we will see how it goes.

It's such a bitter sweet moment. Now I feel even WORSE for Casie. I hope I can make the whole prop thing seem exciting and fun for her. Her best friend actually ended up with the part Casie tried out for. I think that made it better for Casie. She is happy for her. Anyway...I guess we are in a show now!

13 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

So much for Mike not wanting to be a lead :)
When and where is the play?

Jill said...

...I know....I guess things change when you get the chance to work with your kids. :-)

Shelley said...

How fun! Let us know when and where it is...and if we can bring kids...that would be fun to see! You'll do a great job making Casie feel involved, I know it!

Emily West said...

That's great for your girls. Little Annie and Ellie being little Von Trap children! I'm sure Casie is just fine. It will fun for just the two of you to do something fun together for the play. I'm sure that will make her feel just as much a part of it as anything else!

Heidi P said...

Fun!! Congrats--- Of course Mike is a lead! Fun to be together as a family!

Mindy said...

I cant wait to see it.

Jenny said...

We for sure want to come so be sure to let us all know when it is. My kids love the Sound of Music and they'd love to see your kids- especially in a situation where Ellie cant drag Landon to jail!

Jimi said...

Congrats to all of you!!! I don't think I 've ever seen a pregnant nun before :) I'm sure Casie will end up having a great time!

Keri Kemp said...

!!!!!! cool! sorry for casie! what part did she try out for?
is Greta the 2nd to last youngest girl? :)

Natalie said...

Congrats! That will be so fun to do as a family.

Betty Grace said...

Fun fun! looking forward to seeing it. When and where?

Anna B. said...

Yeah! And seriously, so much fun! I'm tired just thinking about it. You do need to tell us when it is. Hopefully we will be able to come.

Mom said...

How fun!

You are a great mother and I love the way that you are so sensitive to all your children at the right moments. I want to be like that..