Friday, April 4, 2008

A funny happening in Gospel Doctrine

Mike told me this funny story about our Bishop. Every time I think about it, it makes me giggle...let me share it with you.

Last Sunday our meetings were dedicated to teaching morality. Because I speak with the Bishop frequently, I knew he was nervous about the subject....actually, that makes this story even better....I was in Primary so I didn't witness this first hand, but this is the way Mike said it went down.

The Bishop was telling the story of David and Bathsheba. In mid-sentence he paused and said, "Actually...Sheri and I played David and Bathsheba once...." After a few muted giggles spread throughout the room, the Bishops eyes grew large and he said..." It was for a Hollywood Squares type thing!"...by that time the Gospel Doctrine class was in full laughter that went on for 3 minutes.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Thats funny. Have a fun weekend!

Stephanie F. said...

Haha! That is awesome!!

Shelley said...

Um, what happened to your root canal on the wrong tooth...please update us! :)

Rachel said...

ah, I love the Bishop, way funny!!!
Ya, how's your tooth?

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!