Monday, April 21, 2008

Funny, slightly confused...children...

I just got back from a great "Sister's Weekend". I have lots to blog and show about what went on.....but for now I have to share some cute stories about our scripture study last night.

I guess Ellie really listened in her Primary class that day, because out of no where she shared this story.....

Ellie: "Did you guys know that there was once a man who went up into the mountains and didn't eat for forty days!"

Mom: "Do you know who that man was?"

Ellie: "I have no idea.....maybe Jesus?"

Mom: "That's right!"....."What else happened when Jesus was on the mountain?"

Annie: "Mean goats came up to him and tried to scrape him." (huh??)

Ellie: "No, actually, this mean guy,.. I think his name is...Death...told Jesus to jump off the tip of the Temple....there were a lot of tips on the Temple in the old days..."

Ellie was so sure that this is what "went down" that I started to wonder if I missed something in the bible!

She did redeem her biblical knowledge by stating..."Death told Jesus to turn stones into bread.."

Casie couldn't comment because she was too busy laughing at her funny sisters!

7 comments:

Anna B. said...

My kids are more funny, adorabler than your kiddos! (think bumper sticker) Just kidding! Well, not really! I like the post ;-) Is it just a statement??

Mindy said...

Ellie is way cute. I can picture her telling you that story. I had a great time this week end...thanks for coming.

Anna B. said...

Just so everyone knows (and since I am worried I sound like a snob) I posted my comment when Jill only had the title up...with no other text. OK, that's all.

And Ellie is definitely WAY cute.

Mindy said...

How come you changed the title of the post?

Betty Grace said...

I hope Ben's goat is not offended by this story!

You're kids are very cute. They make me laugh.

Jimi said...

Your kids are so funny! :)

Anna B. said...

OK, I think I read a comment by someone once that said EVERY good blogger knows they need to post every 2-3 days. Uh....where are your pics of the infamous naked chest butler and all your giggling sisters? What's the good word on the infamous auditions? Seen any good mice lately? Fed Brandon anymore ham bones? How about that Sassy Sue show in Boise...when's that happenin'? Are you coming next weekend for a few hours to the conference? Are you getting heartburn yet??????????????