Friday, April 11, 2008

The Sound of Music

Tomorrow, my WHOLE family is going to try out for The Sound Of Music. When I registered for auditions on-line, they gave me a follow up call to make sure they had all the info they needed. I had to laugh at a bit of our conversation. After asking how old the kids were, they asked what parts Mike and I would like to try out for. Mike made it VERY clear that if he tried out, he didn't want to be a lead. I told the director maybe Max, or a soldier. Now we come to the funny part.....it went like this....

Director: So what part will you be trying out for?

Me: Well...I would love to try out for Maria, but I am pregnant so I'll probably try out to be a Nun.
(of coarse I was thinking of the costume and not the charature...it was funny)

I guess we will see how it goes. I told the director that if the kids didn't make it and the adults did, that we probably wouldn't take part in the show. I hope that didn't sound like a threat! lol She understood and said that it would be wonderful to have the whole family involved. Mike still needs to be convinced daily that it would be wonderful for him. :-)

10 comments:

Ben Hyde said...

Yes!! Try out for a nun...NO WAIT, GO FOR MOTHER SUPERIOR!!!!

Good luck, and have fun. We sure did.

Jimi said...

That sound like so much fun. We would do it too, if any of us could carry a tune!

Mom said...

The hills are alive with the sound of...?

I hesitate to fill in the blank...I will let Mike's imagination help you with that... :-)

Is it through a local theater?

You are right on the calling thing...AAGHHH! I think that having a calling for half of your married life is a good sign. I am either not learning what I am supposed to learn or what?

Mindy said...

Good luck Beardens! I hope Ellie gets to be Lezel and gets her first kiss in a gazebo...

Parker Hyde said...

hope you get your part it was a lot of fun when i was in that play

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a talented family. How goes the dryer situation? and the dentist?

Shelley said...

How much fun! Ellie totally reminds me of little Greta..."I hurt my finger..." Where is this going to be performed? Can I be like your family when I grow up? :)

Layne said...

You guys should try out for Liesl and Rolfe. If the real Rolfe had gotten the real Liesl pregnant, I bet her dad would have totally let them date.

Emily West said...

That sounds so fun! Let us know how it goes. I'll want to come and see the play!

Anna B. said...

A pregnant nun? That is hysterical. Sounds like tons of fun and Ellie WOULD make the perfect Greta.

These are a few of my favorite things.....LOVE LOVE LOVE that song.