Monday, April 7, 2008

Tooth up-date

Hey..a few of you have asked about my tooth dilemma. I stopped blogging about it because I felt like I was being negative and too complaineeish....( COM-PLANE-EE-ISH)

Here is the scoop. I had two known teeth that were hurting. One on the top back and one on the bottom back. When I noticed the silver cap on the second to back tooth, I called the Dentist. I asked if possibly they did the wrong tooth. ( I was OVERLY polite and very patient) I don't know if they admit to mistakes, but they claim they did the right tooth. But they also said that the one next to it (the one I thought was the original culprit) needed a cap too. That makes three caps in all. I am slightly suspicious because the whole time the Dentist kept telling me that they would do both teeth at the same time....(meaning the top and bottom molars) There was never a mention that a third cap was needed. I don't know. I am a trusting person and I can't read x-rays so I will believe what he tells me...plus the thought of getting a unnecessary root canal is TOO much to bare.

On a happy note... I am finally totally pain free (go anti-biotics!) AND I think I got my first 2nd trimester "energy surge" today! My house is cleaner than it's been in months!!!

9 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

Yay pain free! Yay 2nd trimester! :)

Stephanie F. said...

Just want to make sure your fam saw my 4th of July pic on my latest Flashback Friday.

highdeekay said...

Congrats on the lack of pain and the energy surge. I'm still waiting for that 2nd trimester surge (and baby is almost a year!).

Mindy said...

Well, thats good he is fixing the other teeth that hurt. I have always felt so vulnerable with dentists and mechanics...you just have to hope for the best with them.

Shelley said...

Thanks for the update! Don't ever worry about being too "complaineeish" on your blog...that's what they're here for! :) This whole dentist story does sound a little fishy, but I am glad you are feeling better. Sometimes I would like to have all of my teeth pulled and get dentures. So how many weeks till we get to find out what you're having? And the bg question...ARE you going to find out?! :) I hope you have a boy so we can throw you a fun baby shower. (Is that a lame reason to have a boy?)

Shelley said...

And don't worry about your movie comment, I was actually thinking the same thing through the whole movie, but it was still a good story, so it didn't ruin it for me I guess. I will have to check out the other movie too. Now if I could just find someone besides my laptop to watch these with! Ha ha...

Betty Grace said...

I was just going to email you today and ask about your tooth. Glad you're doing better!!

Lindsay said...

sometimes I thinks dentists say you have more cavities than you really do, just to make some money...When are you going to come clean my house!?!

Anonymous said...

You've had bad luck with teeth. As your mother, I'm sorry I didn't drink more milk when I was carrying you. Glad you're better.

Mom