Our try outs went great today. I want to say that all my kids are a shew-in, but there were 50+ kids there, so who knows. The girls did so well! I couldn't have been more proud of them. It was only a few years ago when Annie would ONLY sing in front of her stuffed animals. Today she belted out Do-Re-Me all by herself in front of 5 judges. Casie did an amazing job as well. She told me that she thought the judges were nodding their heads in approval while she was singing. Little Ellie was the biggest surprise to me. Although this was her first audition experience, she was ADORABLE! She learned a little dance and sang Do-Re-Me so cute. ( I particularly like when she sang with confidence, "So!...I need a golden thread!") She also said something really funny in front of the whole group. They asked her what her favorite play was. She answered, "Dress-up." The whole group laughed.
The Cast will be posted next Wednesday. I guess we will wait and see. Mike and I will most likely get a part of some sort. They need lots of adults and there weren't that many there. Plus we were AMAZING! lol (actually, we both got a bit nervous singing in front of the judges...you think we would be over that by now!)
I think I might need a support group if two of my kids make it and one doesn't. Like I said, that's unlikely because there were SO many kids there, but wouldn't that be SAD!? Mike has already told me that if that happens, he will take that child out to ice cream 8 times in a row!
12 comments:
Glad it went so well Jill :) Where will the play be?
hey i hope you make it! good luck! tell us what your parts are too!:)
hope you guys ALL make it in!
you are all one sinin' family!
:)
You are ALL a shoe-in!!! Wish I could've seen it. You sound like one proud mama :-)
that sounds fun. be sure to keep us posted as to performance date and time so we can come see you.
There is nothing better than seeing your kids do something hard and scary and then do it well. The try outs alone were pretty rewarding it sounds like. Too bad there are not a lot of kids in that show...Ellie is a adorable and that story made me laugh!
How fun! I hope you all make it and that we happen to be in Utah when you perform it!
Way fun-- a pregnant nun, should be great! :)
That sounds like so much fun! Good luck! I love the nun comment. I was laughing out loud to myself. Kinda embarrassing, I know.
that sounds like so much fun! I remember you and your dad, Sarah and Julie in your matching rainbow striped shirts singing "Wherever you go, wherever you may wander in your life..." I'm singing it in my head, because unlike your family-I have absolutely no singing talent! Good luck-love the Ellie story!
Jill,
I can't find your email address! Can you send it to me???? ASAP!
Thanks love.
Love,
your scatterbrained sister-in-law
Jill you are exposing your girls to competition at a very young age. I have a feeling it will be good for them.
We saw "Annie" on Saturday and the kids in it were amazing.
Who wouldn't choose my grandchildren for parts?
Mom
Post a Comment