Mike and me just prior to landing in London.....hmmm, maybe it was a long flight.
After arriving in London we took the train..excuse me, I mean the Tube to our hotel. We were given a bit of wrong information and ended up having to lug our luggage about half a mile from our stop to our hotel. (what good is luggage if you don't lug it around a bit?)....(ps for some reason, everything I am writing sounding like an English accent in my head.) I didn't mind the walk one bit. In fact, I was glad for it. (after sitting for a long time!) The weather was mild and I got my first taste of "London living". We were amazed at the quaint neighborhoods and cool old buildings. We passed an awesome cemetery which Mike and I would later come back and explore.

Although we were going on 24 hours with little/no sleep...we were giddy to get our and explore. We had our first meal at a fish and chips restaurant around the corner. Then Mike and I split up from the group and headed back to the cemetery. (Jill's thoughts:..."I want to hear more British accents..."It sure seems like there are a LOT of nationalities represented in London"...."Man, I look like a tourist...perhaps it's because I have dangling earrings on and color in my wardrobe"...."Wow, London is SO cool! I want to marry it!".....)
Once we arrived at the cemetery, Mike and I were as giddy as two little school girls..and boys. (maybe even a bit irreverently so..) I kept getting waves of joy and I think the reason we were so excited is because the cemetery represented all the things I wanted London to be....green,.. old,.. mysterious,.. over grown, and quaint..( I think I might be using that word a lot while describing England...you were right John H!) It was also amazing because it was right in the middle of the city. I love all the history here!


These chunky little squirrel must be VERY use to humans. If I had something to give this little guy, he would have taken it right out of my hands.

After we got home we deliriously called the kids and then went to bed! 28 hours is too long to go with out sleep!...hmm...now that I think about it, maybe this squirrel was just an exhausted hallucination...wait, I have a picture.
After a good nights rest...(for me..the rest of the group didn't sleep very well) We got up and headed to our first day tour. Our first stop was Warwick Castle. As expected, these pictures don't accurately depict the majesty of this awesome place. We took this paper from the top of one of the towers. The Castle wrapped around a courtyard and I am one side of it. So cool!

I am about to be kicked off the Internet so I will post this now and do more tomorrow
11 comments:
Wow. I will gather the kids around tonight and we can read this for our bed time story. I guess I DO want to go to England!
THis is Mindy not Casie
hi mom this is casie im always excited to see you on skype every afternoon!(of corase its night in england! love you!
p.s.i love your post
It looks super fabulous! Have so much fun and I am excited to hear about tomorrow. (and all the lovely days to follow.)
Allison-That sounds like so much fun!
P.S. I could never go with 28 hours of no sleep!
Love the post! Must admit though, I'm slightly jelous! Looks like you're having a great time. And don't worry about the party. My sis will keep in touch. For crying out loud..YOU'RE IN LONDON! Have an amazing time and keep the pictures coming!
Looks like lots of fun, Jill! I would have loved to wander around that cemetery - it looks awesome! Looking forward to more!
Sooo cool! Did you eat vinegar on your chips? mmmmm :)
Awesome! I've been thinking about you guys! ... how did Allison beat me on commenting??
I hope you don't love England TOO much...I wouldn't want you to do anything crazy like move there or something. ;) Glad you're having a good time!
Sounds like fun - can't wait to hear more.
Post a Comment