Thursday, April 2, 2009

Continuing on our first day.... We visited a very cute little town called Stratford upon Avon. It is the town where William Shakespeare was born. This is the the home where he was believed to be born. One thing I learned about Shakespeare is that he had three children. One was Juliet, one was Hamlet and I can't remember the others name...maybe it was A mid-summers night dream or something like that. :-)

"Scratching could not make worse....a face such as yours" ~William Shakespeare After a beautiful drive through the Cotswold's, we came to Oxford University. I wish I could capture in my photos the essence of these amazing buildings. It's impossible to show through a picture how majestic and awe inspiring the architecture is here! We felt a little smarter after walking the streets of Oxford. We were disappointed that we didn't get to go into the Hall where Harry Potter was filmed though. Stupid Literary Conference! PS One thing we learned about Oxford is that you must have a 4.0 all through High School, and pass a strict interview to be accepted. After that, it's a mere 8,000 pounds a year to attend. Casie, Annie, Ellie and Jack....get saving! (we would love to come and visit you her in Oxfordshire)

I forgot to mention that the Queen came to greet us as we were visiting Warwick Castle. Doesn't she look well? Her skin is so smooth....almost waxy.

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Dang...that would have been awesome to go where Harry Potter was filmed. I must say I love Harry Potter WAY more than Twilight. Rebel, I know. :)

Anna B. said...

The queen is surely looking a little pale and ashen! It (it being England) looks so fantastic. I am glad you all are having a GREAT time. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear you describe everything.

Have tons of fun and be safe!

Stacy Holmes said...

Looks like a jolly good time! Thanks for rubbing it in!

Jenae said...

YEA!! I am so glad you guys are having such a wonderful time! I love all the green, lush grass, and by the way, it does look quaint! Everything about it! I just think it is smart that you are posting during your trip instead of forgetting things and trying to remember them later! You're just amazing!:)

lissa said...

Aren't you lucky - a visit from the Queen...hmmmm.

Mom said...

Allen says that you need to visit Bath...

So good to follow your journey...

Glad you are having a fabulous time.

S

Mindy said...

We love it! Keep up the fun posts.

Jenni said...

Wow...looks breathtaking! I wish I could just email myself to some of those places to come visit for a day. ;) Looks like a great and beautiful time!