Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'll get you my pretty...and your little dog too!

Day four was a super fun day! First we took a ride on the London Eye. It's a HUGE Ferris wheel with glass pods for viewing the city. It was such a beautiful clear day..(unusual for England..but it was like that every day we were there!) we could see for miles. Mike used his magical tour guide powers to get boarding the pod within minutes of arriving...(well, maybe it was the 5 extra pounds we paid, but still...it beat waiting in a 25 min line.) It was awesome to see the city from such a height. We were proud of my Mother in law for facing her fear of heights and going on it with us. It was fun to pick out the places we had already been and the places we were going to go see.






After the Eye, we had a little lunch and headed off to Wicked. Hmmm....are there words to describe how cool this play was?...maybe WICKED AWESOME!!! (ok, that was dumb, but it's late) Seriously though, it was incredible. The girl who played Elphaba, (aka, the Wicked Witch of the West...aka Kerry Ellis) was breath taking. She was so good, I even let Mike rave about her....(which I don't usually do because he is only allowed to think that I am a good singer...."Why don't you have the Wicked Witch of the West Make you a meat loaf?")...ANYWAY...yes, it was good.! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!! I recommend it to any and all. :-)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ6mmfG5Yhs&feature=related
Here is a link to see a bit of the show....shame on those who illegally film Broadway shows....and we're reaping all the benefits! lol This clip is kind of long, so if you want to just fast forward to the end you can get a taste of the amazing voice of Kerry Ellis

4 comments:

Shelley said...

That Ferris wheel is really cool...but I get a little freaked out thinking about being in that! I got scared going in the "great glass elevator" of the space needle. Once I was at the top I was fine, it was getting there that creeped me out. And going to see something "Broadway" is on my list of things to do before I die...how fun that you got to go in London!

Mindy said...

I love it...I am listening to it right now. She is worthy of making mikes meatloaf for sure.
So where did you get the pictures? Did you camera turn up?
I have been deep cleaning all day and the thing that kept me going is knowing that I can now crawl into a yummy pink bubble bath. I am sure I will blog about it tomorrow.

Mindy said...

Oh yeah you look SO cute too! I did notice the boots are off at the play.

Heather said...

What a dream trip you had! I'm so glad you got to see such an amazing show. You look so cute in those pictures.