This is a tag I got from Layne a while ago. I am suppose to list 5 quirky things about myself. :-)
1. Every time I am stopped at a stop light , and a pedestrian is on the corner or crossing the street I always lock my car door...(even though it locks automatically when I put the car into drive) My mind can always imagine that the pedestrian is going to try to high jack my car with me and my family in it. Mike makes fun of me for this...."ya Jill, that Man in his Jazzy is going to jump up, pull out a gun and demand we surrender our mini-van to him." You just never know.
2. Now I say this next one mostly in jest, but I am pretty sure I have some weird, but totally useless psychic abilities. I will share one of my many experiences. Once on the Eve before going to Disneyland, a very random thought crossed my mind. I thought, " I wonder if there is such thing as an African American Albino." Crazy thought huh? Well the next day at Disneyland, while waiting to board the Jungle Cruise, I saw one! Ok..so if this doesn't qualify as useless ability, I don't know what does.
3. For some reason, I ALWAYS look at the clock when it's 11:11. Seriously, it happens ALL the time. Hours can pass with me not looking once at the clock and the one time I happen to glance up, the clock will say 11:11 And though it sounds weird, my eyes have popped open while sleeping to look at the clock, only to find that it is indeed 11:11....( I hope I still have friends after this post...I'm starting to sound like a freak. ) lol
4. I am not an extremely emotional person, but music can always make me cry. I can instantly be in tears after a few bars. This is inconvenient if I am the one performing the song. I also cry at movies. My last tear was shed when Mike and I watched Star Trek Nemesis, and Data died. It actually affected me for quite some time...I love Data....(for those of you who aren't geeks..Data is a robot)
5. I try harmonize to EVERY song I hear. I am not really even that good at it, but give me a commercial jingle, a kindergarten song, or a door bell, and I'm trying to harmonize with it. Don't tell me that I'm the only one who has ever added a beautiful third to..." Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!" or "Trust the Midas touch."
It's actually funny because my girls sing so much, and Mike "beat boxes" to everything. Add my harmony and we are quite the little band. My musical Annie is starting to do the same thing. I heard her trying to harmonize to her Primary songs the other day :-)
Oh, and this isn't that quirky because I think everyone does this, but I always change the words to songs to fit the activity that I am doing. Because Voice Male came out with their new album, all the songs on the CD have been in my head lately. If my versions were on the Cd, it would have a much different track list....If you don't have the CD yet, you might not get it, but if you do..sing along to my words.......(as you will see, all of these words are sung while taking care of Mr. Jack)
1. bouncy boy...bouncy boooyoooy.
2. I'm a little baby boy and I got poopies on my bum...poopies on my bum, poopies on my bum...
3. I am a boy who knows no words....But I go like thisss...pee pee pee and poo poo poo poo and spit spit, and googily goo....cry cry cry cry, and sleep sleep sleep..eat eat eat eat..la da de da da do! (sorry for all the potty talk, we have a new born and that equals LOTS of diaper changes,..thus, LOTS of diaper changing songs.)
Now I will tag: Jenae, Shelley and Mindy
11 comments:
You never fail to make me laugh!:D I also harmonize to jingles and make up different words to songs. It is probably good that you did not have baby Jack Jack before they finished their last CD, otherwise, some of your lyrics, very likely, would have been included!:D
Those are awesome quirks. So, tell me . . . am I going to win the lottery?
You're so funny...I remember the Disneyland story back when that happened. I really have never done a tag before...maybe I should just do a "this will answer every tag or chain e-mail I ever get again" post! :)
This post made me really miss you and all your funny little quirks!
I knew most of these things about you before this revealing blog so I'll still be friends with you! I always laugh when I hear the commercials that you used to harmonize to on tv. Like the Alberton's song, it's your store you know. I'm not as talented as you are at it. I try but my alto is always a little flat to "Smith's-market fresh every day!" Can't wait to see you and your family this weekend. We'll be there on Saturday morning.
I know a bunch of people who see 11:11. Google it. You'll be surprised at the craziness. Here's a sample:
The 11:11 is a wake up call you sent to yourself. A reminder of your true purpose on Earth. Usually during times of heightened energy or accelerated personal change, you will notice 11:11 more frequently. It is a powerful confirmation that you are on the right track.
Or check this out..http://www.1111spiritguardians.com/
In high school, when my friend put on her seat belt she accidently hit the door lock (she never locked her doors). I few minutes later, at a stop light, some guy came and was trying to get in her car!
You are so funny...thank you for not tagging me! Although I'm sure I'm plenty quirky, I can't put it into words as entertaining as you or Layne. So while I was getting my epidural I was singing, "I'm a hippopotomus and I've got needles in my back, needles in my back, needles in my back." And once the process was complete I said, "Oh....I do love needles!"
I was going to tell you this significance of 11:11 too, but someone beat me to it.
There's a commercial for a radio station here in GJ. Keith thinks it's funny that I know all the words to all the short clips of songs they play AND sing a harmony part with no breaks because for some reason I also know the songs in the order they play them. I remember you use to sing me 409--eight! Because this is how you remembered my phone number.
Do you remember "It's Lilax"? I just told this story to someone and they didn't think it was very funny, giving me a strange look as I continued laughing and I'm still laughing!!!
LOL! I always look at the clock at 12:34. Wonder what that means???
Love the quirks! I didn't know all that about you - psychic, huh? hmmm....
I need a few more days to pick just 5 quirky things about myself!:) Thanks for the nice visit today!
Post a Comment