Naturally, after having a baby, I have been thinking about how very blessed I am. I don't know how I deserve all the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me. I am overcome with the love I have for my children and husband. Casie, Annie and Ellie are wonderful children. They play so sweetly together. They serve. They are thoughtful and kind. They are obedient. I truly feel I am raising some of Heavenly Fathers most choice spirits. I am so grateful to have them. I wish I could express in words the sweetness I have witnessed in watching the girls with Jack. They are so tender and loving with him. All three of them would be happy to just hold him all day. Having Jack has really created a sweet spirit in our home.
Mike is the "wonder husband" of the world. He gets two weeks paid paternity leave. I LOVE having him here. His presence really calms me. He is also so willing to help me and provide for his family. I love him more than I can express. I'm forever grateful for him. I love watching him with Jack. He gets such a loving look in his eye when he holds him. He is a wonderful loving Dad.
Jack is so precious! I seriously well up with gratitude every time I look at him. He has such a special demeanor and presence. I love having him in our home and cherish every second I have with him. This new born phase of life is such a sacred and fleeting moment. I'm trying to soak up every moment. I love to rock him and feed him. I love when he roots on my face. :-) I love his smell and his tiny little body. Like I said, overwhelmed with gratitude.
16 comments:
That vid is so cute!! Look at his perfect little round noggin! I can almost smell his newborn yummy-ness ;)
I am so happy for you!
I'm glad that Jack is finally here and that you all are doing so well! He is very cute!! How much did he weigh?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
He's beautiful Jill! He'll be such a handsome, spoiled little man with all those girls oogling over him. So cute.
Really, Congrats!
Love's n' stuff,
J.
You're going to make me cry! I love the feeling of having a new baby. It is definitely one of the most spiritual experiences you have in life...maybe that's why we are able feel so much gratitude.
And I want the story too...how was labor, how much did he weigh, etc.? He looks like he has long feet...maybe that was just the video.
What a beautiful baby!! Congrats!!!
Love the video. Watching Jack squirm around kind of reminds me of his daddy dancing on stage. LOL.
There is something just so sweet and awe-inspiring from watching a dad with their baby boys. I always love watching Dustin will our boys. Dads just have a special way of interacting with their sons that moms just can't do. Jack is a precious little guy. Congratulations!
It is indeed an overwhelming feeling. There really is nothing else like it! I too want to hear all the details of how it all went, etc. BTW- Love the very end of the video. I laughed out loud and had to watch the end another 4 times!LOL
Jill, he is just perfect. So sweet and tiny. How much did he weigh and all that good stuff?
I love the Dad with his boy moments. Took us 11 years to get there, and was worth it. He's a really cute tiny little guy! Take more pictures! :)
Congrats. You do have a great family! Glad you're so happy and doing so well!!
So happy for you!! Sounds like literal heaven on earth ;)
Christian sat on my lap and we watched that video two times. Thank you so much for sharing this special time with us. Christian could not believe how Mikes hand nearly covers Jacks whole body.
I loved seeing Kyle hold his "little man cub". I think every dad need a son...and moms do too.
Isn't it funny how a little newborn brings a holiness to the house? When I had mine even when I left them at home and went to walmart I felt like it was "irreverant" and I yearned to be back home to feel that special feeling. It heightens our love and gratitude and joy. I am glad you are recognizing it and sharing it with us. You are an amazing mom.
Now just for the record, when you do get out of that bubble and you feel you need some jill/mike time, I call watching your kids. I love to watch them any ways and Jack is a big bonus now!
Oh yeah and he looks just like Mike. Record Mike laying down with his hands and arms flailing (sp) and lets see if we have an exact match.
Oh, Jill - I'm SO happy for you all! You made me get all teary reading this post. It DOES go way too fast. Our Sarah is almost 7 months old, and I look at her newborn pictures, and miss her (of course, she just gets more adorable by the day, so we're glad she's growing!). I love the pictures of the girls with Jack - especially Ellie's face! Is he a thumb-sucker? I love it!
Congrats on the successful delivery. I’m excited for you and your family to have your little baby boy "Jack". Hes a cutty! Don't you just love making videos of your kids when there so little. I show katelynn her videos and she just says "I was a cute baby ha mom". I hope all goes well.
Love the Hopes
Post a Comment