Saturday, October 4, 2008

family comes to visit

One thing I love about having a baby is all the family that comes to visit. My Mom and Kent came yesterday, and Julie and Jason came today. Grandpa took the kids to a neighbor hood pumpkin patch (in the rain...thanks Grandpa!) We've had a great day just lounging around, gooing over Jack, eating rice pudding, and watching the cousins play together.



I have to say that Jason wins the prize as most dedicated uncle. Last night he accidentally drove his bike into a ditch. As you can see from the video, his face got the brunt of the hit. I am glad he still made the trip down with his family to see Jack. I will post this on my blog since we know Julie isn't quite on top of her blogging techniques. lol




I also wanted to post some cute footage of little Jack. Mostly so my family who won't see him for another month will get to see him as a sweet little new born. Enjoy!




The sweet little cousins had so much fun being creative and finding things to do on this rainy Saturday. Here they are making airplanes that they later dangled off my bedroom deck.


9 comments:

lissa said...

He is SO cute. I miss the simplicity of a newborn...eat, sleep, poop, repeat. Enjoy it now, you know how fast time goes. You are a kind Aunt to have kids over with a new baby. You rock!!

Emily West said...

Thanks for posting so much of your baby lately! It makes it a little more bearable that I can't be there to see him in person! He's so adorable.

Shelley said...

Jill, he is SUCH a cute little baby! I have been trying to have self control and not come over there...but the more I see of him, the more I am breaking down! :)

Mindy said...

Wow, great footage of the Jack. He is pretty alert isnt he? I cant wait to see him. I am still queesy from seeing Jason...is he ok?

Rachel said...

Family is GREAT, I love living closer to mine. I have to laugh about building airplanes with the popsicl sticks, cause the boys did that on Sat too, LOL.
Take care!

Heather said...

He's adorable! Will you take a pic of the back of his head sometime? It looks like he's got some long hair back there! Casie asked if Alli could come over for a late nighter on Fri. and my explanation for "no" was that Jack is not used to Alli's germs- he's still getting used to his family's germs! I don't think you need a late nighter with random children just yet....

Anonymous said...

Jill, I miss you and I miss little Jack. Does he still hold it against me that I made him cry at the hospital? He has to agree that he felt fresher after the change. I'm sure that was many, many, many diaper changes ago for you guys. I can't wait to start hanging around you and seeing what Jill Bearden is like with a son. It's a lot of fun isn't it? I LOVE having a little boy. I was surprised at how much I love it. Anyway, good thing you have this blog so we can stay in touch. :) Your family is just amazing and it makes my heart warm every time I think about you guys up there living your lives together. Oh, and one more thing. For so long you have been more like a big sister than a little one because you did everything before me. Like get married and have your 1st, 2nd and 3rd child. Now, even though it's your fourth and I'm on my third, I feel just a slight sense of being older again because I had a boy first. So do me the favor of asking some sort of boy advice every now and then so I can feel helpful. (After all I have been raising a boy for 4 whole months now.) I can clearly see I should have called instead of made such a long comment. Is there no limit? I guess not.
Love you,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

that si so cute!! i wish i could come and see him!! (check out my blog i FINALLY posted!! ):P

Heather said...

Oops- I saw his cute dark hair in the 1st video- it didn't work the first time I tried to play it!