so do any of my bloggy friends have any good ideas for a halloween costume for me? we have our huge family party this saturday and I totally spaced the fact that I needed a costume. silly me. I'm up for some simple ideas. Thanks!!
I stink at costume ideas....you could always go with the scarecrow thing. A pair of jeans, cute braids, flannel shirt and a little rafia and you are good to go. Use brown eyeliner for some freckle dots on the cheeks.
A simple one I can think of is a Cleaning Fairy... a pair of wings, face glitter and a toilet brush or duster for your wand. Another one that's easy is a shirt with a big "P" on it and some black face paint around one eye and you get... a black-eyed Pea!
I have some cute butterfly wings and antennae you could borrow. That was my favorite costume because I could just wear all black, (pregnant or not), and the rest was easy!
Nate's fav was blue scrubs that we hot glued some cotton balls on. He carried around a water gun. He was "partly cloudy with a chance for showers" and then could shoot anybody he wanted with his water gun. (What is it with boys and guns? seriously!)
If you're downtime anytime this week come by my place. I have a closet full. Princess Leah, Vampire, Medusa, among others. Or when I was in a pinch growing up, I'd just rat my hair, put on pale make up with dark circles under my eyes, wear all white and put a number name tag on = insane asylum inmate. Easy and quick. At our ward party someone had taken cardboard and just made a huge scrabble tile and hung around their neck.
Oh I just remembered some friends came to my party dressed up as each other. It was great. He was wearing one of her skirts, she was in his clothes. It was clever and easy. You have all you need right at home. :)
7 comments:
I stink at costume ideas....you could always go with the scarecrow thing. A pair of jeans, cute braids, flannel shirt and a little rafia and you are good to go. Use brown eyeliner for some freckle dots on the cheeks.
See, told you I am not very original.
A simple one I can think of is a Cleaning Fairy... a pair of wings, face glitter and a toilet brush or duster for your wand. Another one that's easy is a shirt with a big "P" on it and some black face paint around one eye and you get... a black-eyed Pea!
I have some cute butterfly wings and antennae you could borrow. That was my favorite costume because I could just wear all black, (pregnant or not), and the rest was easy!
Oh and I know you're not still pregnant...I was just saying that I even wore it when I was pregnant because it was such a simple costume! :)
Nate's fav was blue scrubs that we hot glued some cotton balls on. He carried around a water gun. He was "partly cloudy with a chance for showers" and then could shoot anybody he wanted with his water gun. (What is it with boys and guns? seriously!)
If you're downtime anytime this week come by my place. I have a closet full. Princess Leah, Vampire, Medusa, among others. Or when I was in a pinch growing up, I'd just rat my hair, put on pale make up with dark circles under my eyes, wear all white and put a number name tag on = insane asylum inmate. Easy and quick. At our ward party someone had taken cardboard and just made a huge scrabble tile and hung around their neck.
Good luck. Call me if you want to come by.
Oh I just remembered some friends came to my party dressed up as each other. It was great. He was wearing one of her skirts, she was in his clothes. It was clever and easy. You have all you need right at home. :)
Post some pics of what you end up with.
Post a Comment