
Here's a cute little man. I forgot how much time it takes to take care of these little guys! My head is always in a thousand different places, but my body can only be in one place....usually feeding Jack. It's funny how this new born phase is so rewarding and sweet but hard at the same time. I hope I'm not the only one out there that has a hard time adjusting to life with a new baby. With emotions out of whack and a healing body, I sometimes get overwhelmed. I think I need some support from other Mom's who have gone through this. I just want to hear that I'm normal and that I'll feel better eventually. I am still loving this baby though! He is adorable and a sweetheart.
14 comments:
The recuperation is WAY harder for the fourth baby, from my experience. The delivery was the easiest, but the recovery was by far the hardest. I felt terrible for weeks.
You will triumph!
Jill, he is so cute! That picture is adorable. And yes, having a newborn is unbelievably hard! But you have to give yourself credit...you have had a 5 year break, so I am sure compared to your other girls he IS so time consuming! I even notice such a big difference in independence between Carson and Parker. Just enjoy the fact that he doesn't dump buckets of crayons, throw ketchup all over the kitchen, or dump a half-eaten bowl of cereal on the floor. I'm going to go mop now and then put my lovely children down for naps. ;)
You can do it, Jill. It is hard, and you will feel overwhelmed, but like you said, he's so sweet and special. Feel free to call or email me if you ever need to talk and vent. :)
Renee
I only have one and it was SO, SO hard and the whole time I kept thinking about people who are on their second, third, fourth, tenth! I don't know how you do it but obviously it is done and women (and the babes) survive. I also just kept wondering why-how single women do this on their own! Hang in there, laugh lots (remember Elder Wirthlin's talk) and take it a day at a time. That is what I'm hoping to remember if we get to go through the newborn phase again.
Aaah! Now I'm getting nervous! Richard said when he was there last night he remembered that a newborn really does turn your world upside down and we're about to join you! My only advice (which I'll have to remember myself) is that it's OK to cry when you need it, it's OK to pamper yourself a bit if you need it and it's OK to let certain things go (like housework, etc.) for a while. Take a nap any chance you get....sleep seems to be the most important thing those first few weeks. And before you know it you'll be out of the newborn phase, and although life might stay crazy (because it always does) at least you'll start feeling better and more capable each day. I'll be calling you for advice soon, I'm sure! Take care!
Oh Jill, I was just there! It always takes me about 9-10 months to fully feel like myself again. The first month is by far the hardest because all you can do if feed the baby or wait until it is time to feed the baby. But then it starts getting better and better! Everyone said that number 3 was the hardest, but I think that number 4 was by far. There is just soooooo much to do and NEVER enough time to do it. And sleep kinda goes out the window. But hang in there, soon life will be great and you'll be wondering if maybe it isn't time to have another one. ;)
Jill, I bet you feel crazy or that you are going crazy, that's okay its normal. I always feel overwhelmed and very crazy at first (what am I talking about I always feel overwhelmed but, only a little bit crazy now). Lorene Evans gave me the best advice ever. Just say to yourself.
"I'll be better in a little bit." You will get through that moment and slowly get use to the feedings, sleep deprivation and emotions. He is not two weeks old, give your self sometime, hang in there.
Hey Jill! I've gotta be honest. Sometimes, I don't think babies are too cute. The new proud mom says "Look at my special baby!" and I look and insides go WOAH! and outside say "Wow, babies are straight from heaven" inside again I say, so I'm sure he'll be fine. But your little Jack is A-dorable! That little smile and his eyes...you are a lucky mom. Trust me.ha-ha
The thing I like about having babies is that no expects you to be normal. So, think of it that way, it's like a free crazy pass. My baby is almost 16 months, everyone expects me to be normal when I am actually 45-45% crazy still. Hang in there! Rely on friends and family for help!!! They understand how much you need it with #4. Love ya, Linda
Now I'm all paraniod, I wrote trust me. ha-ha. I meant trust me and ha-ha seperately. All babies are cute, your's is just extra cute and makes me a little baby hungry. See, I'm still crazy.
I remember after I had Asher I was so overwhelmed I just knew I could never have another baby.
Give yourself time to adjust to your new life with 4 kids.
I wish women talked about this more often, because it's seems so normal to go through.
*hugs*
i dont know if i should comment but. yeah he is way cute! i love that little smile of him in the pic!
you could talk to my mom
I had a bit of post-partum after each of my kids and it was different after each one but it did go away. The best thing for me is always talking about it with other women who understand! You are a great mom and you are doing a wonderful job with your kids!!
i love jack he's adorable!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack looks so cute with his sweet smile in this photo! You are an amazing woman- we all look up to you and what you are able to accomplish! I know Jack appreciates ALL you do for him!
Post a Comment