Saturday, September 20, 2008

Timp Cave

Last summer we hiked to Timp Cave with Mike's family. Since then, Casie and Annie have talked non-stop about the "bacon" and "Ice cream" they saw in the cave and have been begging to go back. Finally today, Mike took all three girls on the hike. After hearing about their pleasant and cool jaunt up the mountain, I want the Bearden's and Mcfarlands to know that September is much better than July for making the trek! Mike said it was beautiful! It had rained right before they started hiking so there was a nice cool breeze. I opted to stay home....(mostly because Jack Stalagmite Bearden doesn't sound too good...actually, after saying it, it does sound kind of cool) Anyway, Mike and the girls had a blast! I was worried that my little princess of a daughter would complain and want to be held, but Ellie did great! She proudly annouced that she walked the WHOLE WAY and didn't cry in the cave when they turned the lights off. Of coarse Annie and Casie are made for these sorts of activities. They love the mountains and were wonderful hikers. I am proud of Mike for remembering to snap a few photos. I wish I could say that I took advantage of my time alone and did many productive things, but I actually took a nap and worked in Photo Shop for a while. :-) (I'll post about that later) It was great. Oh, and just to brag on my sweetie really quick..Mike came home and immediately started in on yard work. He's such a great Man!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike is a great dad! I'm glad the girls enjoyed the hike...it is beautiful. If I were you, I would've had a nap and watched a movie.

Aunt Melissa

Shelley said...

Those are some cute pictures! I love hiking and can't wait until my kids are old enough to both walk by themselves so we can do it more often! Carrying them does not sound like fun.

Mom M. said...

Ok..the pictures balancing on the ledge and hanging over the cliff are trick photography, huh? Yes, Mike you are a great DAD!

Grandma Madsen

Carrie said...

We are headed up to the cave this weekend, I am glad Ellie made it the Whole Way, I can use it as motivation for Emma (Emma is such a wimp sometimes) Sounds fun. I hope you had a quiet and restful time while they were gone.

Jillo said...

We so need to do this, when do they close for the season?