Today we decided to have a "Final Family Fun Fest" before the baby comes on Monday. We did all our Saturday jobs and headed down to Hee Haw farm. We chose this destination because Ellie's pre-school class had gone a field trip last year and there's a huge slide that the kids wanted to go on. There are also a few other little things (fun for a preschooler), but the slide was the main reason we went. When we got there, they told us the slide wasn't up and running yet! (mind you we had driven 35 min. to get there, and their website made no indication that the slide was out of commission) We would have still had to pay full price to go through a mini corn maze..(single bales of hay lined up in a maze) and see a few animals. We decided to leave and try somewhere else....
We drove another 10 min and found a little amusement park that looked promising. The girls were full of glee as they saw all the little rides (and I mean little) that they could go on. They were so excited to get going, but then we looked at the price. It was 16.50 per person. I guess when compared to somewhere like...oh, DISNEY LAND that's a good price, but seriously, there were like 5 things to do there....plus the little roller coaster was shut down...(surprise surprise). I guess mostly we just didn't feel like spending $50 on a whim. It was hard to disappoint the kids again, but we promised them they could pick out some candy at Walmart and we would rent a movie. They were totally sweet about the situation and not one cross word or tear was shed. I love my girls! Our day wasn't as creative and fun as I had hoped, but it ended up ok. I would have had some great photo's had we done either of the first two options. I didn't think pictures of the girls with chocolate on their chins and eyes glued on the TV would have made a very cute picture. :-)
6 comments:
I love the pregnancy picture. You look beautiful. I love the hair...when I was pregnant my hair grew long and healthy...almost an incentive to get pregnant again but not quite.
Thats too bad that your adventure did not work out. But maybe your girls learned a valuable lesson in that life can be disappointing and also wise money choices. I am surpised that at this point you did not choose chocolate and a movie as your first choice...arent you tired?
And...are you being induced or something? You keep saying you are having him on Monday...I guess I did not know you were getting induced or are you just optimistic?
yeah dont you hate it when none of your pans work out?? i bet you guys still had fun with the movie and chocolate! i cant wait for jack either!! :-)
I hate when things like that happen...but it seems like they always do, so it's probably good for your girls to learn how to cope now. It sounds like you ended up having a fun time anyway!
Bummer on the fun day!
Aunt Melissa
Good luck, today! I can't wait to see pictures of little Jack!!!
Mary
I think that you are the cutest pregnant girl I've seen in a very long time! I just gain copious amounts of weight and blow up like a balloon!
Hey. I think I know where you went! Isn't HeeHaw the one down in PG / AF? and the other place in Lehi? Loved Hee Haw. Never been to the Lehi place. Hope you enjoyed your sugar party. And may I be the first to say it...WELCOME JACK.!!!
Post a Comment