I had two baby showers thrown for me in the last two weeks! It was a bit hard for me to let so many people do nice things for me. I am far more comfortable being the one who throws the party! I really was so overwhelmed at the kindness and generosity of my friends and family. Both showers turned out fabulously. The first was thrown by my Mother in law Lois, my sister in law Melissa, and my friend Jenae...( you may recognize her from such musicals as..The sound of music). My sister Sarah also helped by bringing a fabulous balloon bouquet! I am a dork and didn't take pictures during the shower...but I did get a photo of the gifts I received. Like I said...Overwhelming! Seeing the tiny little clothes made me SO excited to see the baby that would be wearing them! Ellie had to hug each outfit and pretend like Jack was in them. She also informed me yesterday that,..." Mom, you've held Jack long enough...now it's my turn!"
The second shower was thrown my some friends in my ward. Marianne Crapo, Crystal Wixom, and Heather Ryan. Again I was overwhelmed at the thought and preparation that went into the shower. Both shower "committees" went above and beyond to make the day special. Thanks so much you guys!! Now if we can just get the anticipated guest to arrive!! Three more weeks...wait, two weeks and six days!!!!
Crystal and Heather....Sorry Crystal..I should have taken a different picture...one when you don't look "very sleepy"...you're still beautiful though..you have a "special glow!" :-)
Marianne and my friend and neighbor Emily. Thanks again Marianne!! You are awesome!

7 comments:
I am sad I missed such a great party! That will be one well dressed little man. I am so excited to meet him, and I bet you are too.
Sorry I couldn't make it to your shower we were out of town. I can't wait to come see you after you have him. :0)
I am so glad you got showered with gifts. Every baby needs a shower, especially one coming into a home with so many girl things! Ummm...you never took a picture to show how big you are once and for all.
Baby showers are the best! I am glad little Jack will be so well dressed, but I wouldn't expect much less of any Bearden... :) What are you going to do with his hair though?!
Jill, I feel so bad that I couldn't make it to your baby shower I am sorry! It looks like you had a great time! Plus isn't it fun to get so many fun things?Are you coming to Sister Saturday? If you are I can't wait to see you!
Still waiting to see that picture of the finished nursery!!! Bring on baby boy Bearden!!! I am hoping to come down as soon as I hear he has arrived....that OK??
Love you lots!!
I'm so glad that you received so many gifts, he is going to be the best dressed boy on the block, esp. around say, 6 months :)
Post a Comment