This post might border on the line of TMI...(too much information) but I feel it's my duty to share a wonderful discovery in my world! Prescription Deodorant!
Let me give a bit of back ground as to why I am so happy with my find..... Go with me back to the fifth grade. My attire was like that of most days...two T- shirts, one pink and one blue, then rolled up sleeves so that the blue was showing. ( I will also mention that I had two pairs of socks on, one pink,one blue that were neatly pulled up and "scrunched" over my folded and rolled Levis) Anyway, I remember being as carefree as a fifth grader should be until I happened to look at my arm pits.... Much to my dismay, I found I had my first case of, what Mike lovingly calls "Pits". (keep in mind I was wearing TWO shirts people!) Since that fateful day, the sweating... ( I mean REALLY "glistening") problem has plagued my life! I thought I would grow out of it, but it wasn't meant to be. I suffered through the rest of middle school, (should I wear three shirts?) AND high school, (oh please tell me those purple Lycra leotards aren't our drill team uniforms!) AND college, (glad I'm in Logan where lots of layers are necessary) AND up till last month worrying about what I was wearing. I had resolved myself to a life of dark colored, or printed shirts that would camouflage any sign of moisture that may occur. That was UNTIL........(drum roll please).....DRYSOL!! My sister in law told me that her husband, who suffered from the same problem, asked his doctor about a prescription deodorant. He recommended Drysol and it worked! It's AMAZING! I haven't had a problem since! Hooray! I hope you all understand that I am not going to post pictures of my beautifully dry pits. Just take my word for it k. :-)
BTW, with insurance, it only cost $10. Totally worth it baby!
12 comments:
I'm sure....well not really...I'm not sure what this is about. But, hey, I'll raise my hand anyway. It's all about the "herd" mentality. I want to fit in :-)
(OK, so my attempt at witty humor was, well, let's just say....sad)
COnfindent, confident, dry and secure! That's me, I'll raise my hand!
You make me laugh Jill...I am glad you have found miracle deodorant. ;) I wish I could find something that was simple and $10 to fix all of my curses in life!
SOOOOOO glad it worked for you too. Seriously, it has changed Brian's life. I am so happy for you and for him!! Woohoo...now I really am raising my hand because YOU (that would be Brian and Jill) are confident, confident, dry and secure!! You go girl!
ummm nice. :) see you guys tomarow!
I'm glad that you posted that. My sis has the same problem. I wonder if she's ever tried that.
Awesome! I have to admit that I'm a little envious, of both you and Brian, but I am much more excited for you both!!
Aunt Melissa
In high school I use to run home at lunchtime to use a hairdryer on my armpits and/or change my shirt. I think it was our senior year we were getting ready for one of those co-ed Tri-Del dance numbers (I think I was with Jeanette for this one) and my "pits" almost reached belt line. Luckily it was raining outside. I made some excuse to go out to the parking lot so I could get my shirt all wet; therefore covering up the fact I was already very naturally moist.
I'm sad to say that I discovered Drysol that very same year. I have many sweaty pit stories that involve you in some way...singing, plays, church.....High school was just a big sweat farm. I wish we had been mature enough at the time to have confided in one another. It would have been so great to have known someone else with this disgusting problem. Maybe we could have been out and proud about our pitiful pitty problems. We could have had a lunch-time click comprised only of dry-challenged students and faculty.
Now I wonder what you could have accomplished in your life had I shared the secret of Drysol with you long ago. I'm sorry if I totally messed up your life. I mean, look how successful I am.
I love you, pits and all. I don't even care if they're hairy.
Jeffery
You are hilarious (and a lot less sweaty now, thank goodness)
Hilarious... and just think of the others you may be helping by posting this interesting info.
I am soooo going! I often wondered how girls could even wear colored shirts in St. George in the summer and fall and spring. Now all I have to do is find a doctor..we dont have one since we moved here...even in cedar I did not really have one...could a pediatrician write me a perscription for some? I wonder. And by the way the "perscription strength" stuff that you can buy over the counter does not work.
I'm so glad you have other stories about your arm pits than the book mobile one! I'm glad you got your problem solved. Aren't drugs great!
MOM
Post a Comment