Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Man

I've mentioned before that Mike and Voice Male have been working on a new album! I am proud to say that it is officially DONE!!....ok, except for the Mastering that will be done tomorrow, but other than that....! I really wish I would have taken some pictures of the group in our closet recording, but I didn't. (bummer!) If you end up with a copy of the album, it will list "The walk in closet" as the studio location. :-) I have to say, that this album is amazing! When The Sound of Music ended, Mike knew he had five weeks to finish an album that had barely begun. At the time, two of the fifteen songs the album would feature were completed. Some of them hadn't even been arranged yet! There were small fragments of certain songs here and there, but there was a LOT of work to be done. It was amazing to see Mike and Voice Male kick it into gear! They also had the help of an amazing mixer/editor Bodie (who also designed the amazing sassysueclips.com website) to help their project move along. After MANY late nights and sacrifices from their families, Voice Male has a new KIDS STUFF album to release next month! I am proud of these guys, and I know their hard work will bring much happiness to families everywhere!!
Mike made a few trips out of town to work with his Mom...I mean Bodie...on mixing. Luckily Bodie's Mom...I mean Laura took some pictures of the two at work. :-)

8 comments:

Keri Kemp said...

wow ive read all of your posts and you have been posting non stop!! wow your soo awesome to get all of that genousty..(how do you spell that??) me and casie spent our afternoon makeing cinnamon rolls yesterday! we will bring down...if their still there then we will bring some down tonite!! (we made seperate rolls and casies are the BEST!) hehe

highdeekay said...

I have to say that I think the album is amazing. Mike and Bodwa have done a great job. VM is fortunate to have such great talent. Of course this couldn't have been done without a really understanding, supportive wife who constantly gave up her bedroom for recording. So THANKS!

And lots of good wishes for the next couple of weeks! We are excited to welcome Jack (is it still Jack?) into the VM family.

Emily West said...

So many blogs to comment on! I'm glad you updated us on everything you've been doing. I've been going through a Jill drought! :) I'm sorry I couldn't come to Jack's baby shower. I can't wait to see what a little Bearden boy looks like!

Jenny said...

Amen to what Heidi said! I don't think any VM family had to make as many sacrifices as yours... Especially you! Thank you for letting them all invade your home, room, closet,etc. I've never heard a negative word about it from you- you are amazing. I'm so excited to meet Jack too. And my baby, of course. Such a fun time of anticipation for these sweet little babies to come!

Shelley said...

I can't wait to hear it! :) Does VM still want me to do their shipping??

lissa said...

That's awesome!! I think Mike should take a day off and just sleep...he's getting up years, you know (ha ha). Now really, I am very excited to hear the new album!

Anna B. said...

Mike rocks! Or is it Chuck? I am so looking forward to hearing the new album. Where do I go to get my copy and on what date?

Yeah Mike!!!

Anonymous said...

I think your mom is really cool. I would paste the word mom 5 billion times like mike did to me, but I'm afraid it might break the entire google server or something! So I won't. Just 4.

Mom, mom, mom, mom.

Thanks for letting mike come over so many times Jill. It's funny that even though we're both old dawgs, we're still having sleep-overs. Well... there wasn't a whole lot of sleep involved because of the mixing, but it's funny : )

Anyway, good luck with your mom's baby. Enjoy having mike home for breakfast for 2 weeks!