Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A vacation in photos......so far....

So my intention was to blog each day of our vacation as to not miss the details that often erase with time. I thought each night I would peacefully sit down and recap the days events. Did I somehow forget the exhaustion that comes from the magical world of Disney? I am lucky to get my teeth brushed each night before collapsing into bed! I will share some photo's of our trip so far. Hopefully they will do all the speaking for me.

We started off our trip in Richfield where we celebrated Annie's 7th birthday. We took her to a cute place called Pepper Belly's to eat. We also went to a Voice Male concert that night where they sang happy birthday to her. After the night was over she told me that she felt like a little princess on her birthday.

On to Disneyland....we were excited to find out that my sister Mindy and her kids decided to join us for a few days in Disneyland. At the last minute, Mindy invited my brother Mike to come along too. It's been so fun hanging out with them. Some of our favorite moments have been hearing Mike (my brother) scream on the the rides in California adventure. Mike (my husband) and Mindy can't stop laughing at Mike's reaction to Tower of Terror. Even Ellie didn't get as scared. It made it really fun.

This morning we went to the Beach. Keep in mind it was NOT WARM! We thought we would let the kids see the water and maybe get their toes wet. It turns out kids from Utah who have only been to the beach a couple of times, are immune to coldness. They stripped off their clothes and in they went! It was funny to see the Californiains jogging by in their hoods and gloves while our kids splashed in the freezing water. We got a few looks.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm glad you guys are having a good time! It was starting to feel like spring outside and I just looked out the window and it was snowing, yes snowing, AGAIN. If I were you I would stay in CA as long as possible. No wonder the girls thought it was "warm" enough to go swimming! :) We all miss you though, so you DO have to come home sometime.

Stephanie F. said...

I'm jealous, and so happy you are having fun. Tell Mike to scream for me. You should hear me on The Rocket at Lagoon, seriously, embarrassing. Did you hear about the snow in UT today? Be glad you are in CA :)

Stephanie F. said...

Haha, you DID hear about the snow because the comment before mine mentioned it. Probably I should go to bed.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a blast! Rich dug us out this morning...be glad you missed the storm (although school was delayed for 2 hours this morning). Enjoy and see you soon!

Jimi said...

I am so jealous!!! Seriously, you are missing tons of fun in the snow!

Carrie said...

Hi Jill,
We are so jealous of your trip.
Emma has been saying that "she needs to go to Disneyland like Ellie".
Looks like a lot of fun.
Happy Birthday Annie.