
How can such a seemingly innocent book bring such turmoil and unhappiness to a family?
I cleaned out our kitchen "junk cupboard" today and thought I found a treasure. Annie has a little book that has 365 craft ideas. Sounds like fun no?...NO! I'm not sure who wrote this book, but they were not intending these crafts to be done by the average American. The pictures and illustrations are of happy little kids making amazing crafts all by themselves. Naturally my little Martha Stewart in training, (aka Annie) wants to do all of them. I told her to pick one and we would do it. She chose the craft of her dreams and got all excited....then, I look at the list of items needed. Am I a horrible mom for not having "plaster of Paris" on hand? Or "air hardening clay"? Or "glass paints and clear plastic wallets"? All day Annie has lived in agony that we haven't been able to do any of the crafts in her book. I think there was a reason I stashed this little monster in the "junk cupboard" ( I am referring to the book, not the daughter.) Tomorrow I am going to re-introduce the tooth pick and marshmallow way of crafting...(something else I found in my cavern of wonders)
I cleaned out our kitchen "junk cupboard" today and thought I found a treasure. Annie has a little book that has 365 craft ideas. Sounds like fun no?...NO! I'm not sure who wrote this book, but they were not intending these crafts to be done by the average American. The pictures and illustrations are of happy little kids making amazing crafts all by themselves. Naturally my little Martha Stewart in training, (aka Annie) wants to do all of them. I told her to pick one and we would do it. She chose the craft of her dreams and got all excited....then, I look at the list of items needed. Am I a horrible mom for not having "plaster of Paris" on hand? Or "air hardening clay"? Or "glass paints and clear plastic wallets"? All day Annie has lived in agony that we haven't been able to do any of the crafts in her book. I think there was a reason I stashed this little monster in the "junk cupboard" ( I am referring to the book, not the daughter.) Tomorrow I am going to re-introduce the tooth pick and marshmallow way of crafting...(something else I found in my cavern of wonders)
2 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, I have two copies. I'd be happy to send you one...just in case you "lose" the copy you have.
I guess these books were not the favorite gift from me...really funny though, what you wrote....and they were only one dollar at Michaels.
Mom Madsen
Post a Comment