Friday, February 8, 2008

Get ready...get set....

So here I sit on my couch delaying the inevitable. I know that soon I must pack clothes for my family for 10 days, empty the fridge of all things that would have an offensive odor 10 days from now, do a load of laundry, clean out my van, buy traveling snacks, make arrangements for Primary, and be cheerful doing all of it! ( we wouldn't want our "magical adventure" to start with a wicked witch)
As expected, the girls are very excited and anxious to leave. They are doing their best to get themselves packed. I VERY patiently keep reminding them that Mom better do all the packing. Ellie illustrated that fact brilliantly when she pulled her suit case to me and announced that she had EVERYTHING she needed for Disneyland. I opened it to find four barbies, her computer, and a princess dress. I laughed at the site. I love seeing little glimpses into her four year old mind as to the important things of life.

4 comments:

Betty Grace said...

Hey Jill- have a great time at the happiest place on earth! I'm jealous. Perfect time of year to go. Say hi to Mickey for me.

Anna B. said...

Have tons of fun!!! I don't see what's wrong with what Ellie packed. She's good to go! I am finally getting the blog thing up. I have a friend doing a blog design for me though so it will take a couple of weeks and then off we go!

Happy Disneyland to Casie, Annie and Ellie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your packing should be a little lighter now - you left a large stack of dirty clothes at my house. I'm just doing them now so I can wear one of your outfits to work tomorrow - thanks!

Mom

Anna B. said...

We switched over to bloggyland. No relation to Disneyland.

It's:

www.ourpartyofeight.blogspot.com

Not pretty yet....my blog-over is next week.

Hope you are having fun.