We are going to DISNEY LAND!! Honestly, I am looking forward to warm weather more than the park...(can't say the same for my girls). I can't believe how much snow we've had! Church was cancelled on Sunday because there was more than a foot of snow on the roads. Both Mike and I agree that although we usually love Church, it was a great to have a free day! We started off by watching the biography of President Hinckley. I so enjoyed watching all the amazing things he accomplished in his life time.
Then, as Mike was out shoveling, Casie and my niece Keri (who had slept over the night before) took it upon themselves to plan a church meeting to be held at home. It was so cute. They worked for such a long time. They made sure to lable all the rooms so that we wouldn't get "lost" in the "church". As soon as Mike walked in the door, they started the meetings. They set up the front room as the Chapel. During "Sacrament meeting" Annie and Ellie were called on to bare their testimonies. Mike and I were sustained as a Primary teacher and Young womans teacher. Mike was asked to do a special musical number. I had to laugh at his funny sweaty hat hair...(three hours of shoveling can do that to a guy) We then were excused to our classes. I taught Keri and Casie about the plan of Salvation, and had them write down all the qualities they wanted in a husband (seemed like a typical Young Woman thing to teach) and I'm not sure what Mike taught in Primary, I heard lots of loud singing and laughing. I also over heard Ellie acting like an elephant....we'll assume they were talking about Noah.
We ended the day with yummy shreaded beef tacos. Each fast Sunday, we get together with Ben and Sarah and their families for dinner. Sarah and Scott opted not to brave the storm, but Ben and Cait, who decided they would like their oldest dauther back, came up for dinner. They taught us a fun game and our kids enjoyed destroying the house together....(isn't that what playing with cousins is all about!?)
Then, as Mike was out shoveling, Casie and my niece Keri (who had slept over the night before) took it upon themselves to plan a church meeting to be held at home. It was so cute. They worked for such a long time. They made sure to lable all the rooms so that we wouldn't get "lost" in the "church". As soon as Mike walked in the door, they started the meetings. They set up the front room as the Chapel. During "Sacrament meeting" Annie and Ellie were called on to bare their testimonies. Mike and I were sustained as a Primary teacher and Young womans teacher. Mike was asked to do a special musical number. I had to laugh at his funny sweaty hat hair...(three hours of shoveling can do that to a guy) We then were excused to our classes. I taught Keri and Casie about the plan of Salvation, and had them write down all the qualities they wanted in a husband (seemed like a typical Young Woman thing to teach) and I'm not sure what Mike taught in Primary, I heard lots of loud singing and laughing. I also over heard Ellie acting like an elephant....we'll assume they were talking about Noah.
We ended the day with yummy shreaded beef tacos. Each fast Sunday, we get together with Ben and Sarah and their families for dinner. Sarah and Scott opted not to brave the storm, but Ben and Cait, who decided they would like their oldest dauther back, came up for dinner. They taught us a fun game and our kids enjoyed destroying the house together....(isn't that what playing with cousins is all about!?)
As I was taking pictures of our "meeting", Casie said into the microphone, "Please no flash photography." We laughed. 

11 comments:
That sounds like a great way to pass a Sunday. I love reading your blogs Jill. You have a gift of writing and it makes its way through whatever medium the internet travles on, right into whoever reads its heart. You cheer up my day by the cute things you do as a mom and the realistic daughter of God that you are. It inspires me to be a better person. That is truley a gift. Thank you.
Mindy
Hey Jill, cute Sunday! Man, my idea of a free day, is a lot different than yours! But your kids probably enjoy your free day better than mine! What a fun family you have!
You crack me up!! Lovin' Mike's hat hair. Sounds like you had a fun Sunday with great church time. What Mindy said was so sweet. Thank heaven for sisters.
I want to be like Jill when I grow up!
That is so cute. What good kids you have. I'm sure due to the amazing parenting job! :)
Jill,
DisneyLand is still up in the air around here. Kyles grandma died in Ashton (she had Alzhimers for 6 years) so he had to miss another two days of work for the funeral. I told the kids we might go and hopefully they can use their persuasive powers on Kyle. I think we (me and the kids)might still come though. It would be so fun to go to Disneyland with cousins!! They still talk about Lagoon with them. I really cant wait for you to see my house though. I have been decorating latley. Speaking of which...can I still have one of those cupboard doors that Jason gave you? I have a perfect place for it. I will pay you if you want.
I have lots of clothes for Casie too. See ya on Sunday.
mindy
P.S. I got a copy of book number two from Lanie!!! I have not started it though.
I like my hair
We all like your hair Mike. What's not to like ;-)
test from mom
Jill, I figured out that if I sign in as anonymous it works. Looks like Mindy is doing that too. How frustrating when I consider all the steps I've taken to do it "right".
This Sunday experience of yours just reeked of what you kids when you were little would do. I can just imagine Amy organizing a Sunday church service. It is so special to have families like this. You are a super mom! I'm still thinking about how to be a super grandma!
Mom
Post a Comment