Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our latest thesbonic adventure...











This month, the Bearden Family Thespian Group, participated in Pirates the Musical! Starring Casie Bearden as: The Stowaway. Annie Bearden as: Pirate #10 And Mom as: Co-director. Ellie was in it as well, but was tossed over board..(or she quit after the first rehearsal)

After poor Casie got the shaft on The Sound of Music, it did my heart good to see her up there singing a really long solo and saying over 35 lines! She did a great job. She was one of the few kids that never missed a line and always knew what she was doing. I was very proud of her!
Annie really came out of her shell as well. She got to say a line that became a cast favorite. At one point the pirates talk about a prize that they want to win in a singing contest. The Stowaway asks what the prize is. One of the pirates says, "Yo ho ho, it's a bottle of...." Then Annie cuts her off and says, "Sarsaparilla! A high seas delicacy...The bubbles tickle my noes!" Then two pirates conk her on the head and shove her back in line. It was cute.
I love that my kids gain a lot of self confidence through participating in theatre. It's wonderful to see new friendships begin and talents being developed. Because Casie had a main role, a lot of the kids knew her by her first name and would come and talk to her. I loved that because she is usually pretty reserved and a little shy around new people. She really seemed to blossom during this show and really wants to pursue other acting opportunities.
So, what's the next play the crazy Bearden family will try out for you ask?...I'll give you a hint. Red Afro, rich bald guy and liiiiitle girls!

10 comments:

Jillo said...

Look at you cute people go! Where are you doing all of the great plays?
Do you think Annie will get to play her namesake?

Heather said...

That's awesome! You all look so cute as pirates. I'm sad we missed it, do you think Casie will do her lines and song for us when we see her again? Yeah for Annie! I'm also sad we're going to miss out on that one- go Beardens!

Layne said...

Are you guys going to use some cool white contacts that make you not have any pupils, so you'll look like the comic strip? I like authenticity.

highdeekay said...

Very cool. I love that it is a family hobby.

Shelley said...

Ok, first of all, just because it is September 2nd, it is NOT fall! I am refusing to acknowledge the end of my beloved summer season. :(

You guys look darling as pirates! I can't believe you are already talking about the "next one!" Where do you get all of your time and energy? And can you please share?!

Alli said...

That is awesome!! I'm glad Casie finally got a main part! :) :)

lissa said...

Sounds like a hit! Sorry we missed it...good luck with the next adventure. I'm curious, do you ever sleep?!

Stacy Holmes said...

I am going to see you guys in a play someday.. please give details before it is over next time! You are an awesome family..can't wait to take my kids to Annie!

Mindy said...

its so nice that the Tuachan is always looking for kids and adults to be in their plays...

Cassie said...

I love that your family all does this together. It's awesome! You'll have to let me know when you do Annie. It's Alyssa's favorite so I'd HAVE to take her to see it "for reals."