Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Exposed

Mike recently got a work from home position! I love having him here, but there are a few things that are cramping my style! For example:

I can't wear my pj's ALL day and hurry and shower and get ready before he comes home. I guess the charade is off..I really DON'T look this fresh ALL day.

I can't hurry and vacuum at the end of the day to make it LOOK like I was busy all day.

I can't ask him all sweet and cute to help me with the laundry at the end of the day because I just COULDN'T get to it....( He knows darn well I took an hour nap and surfed the web while Jack was sleeping.)

I obviously can't continue my torrent love affair with the mail man...lol

I guess I will have to make some changes...you know, like record "working sounds" and play them outside of Mike's door while I watch re-runs of The Office on Hulu.

8 comments:

Linda Barton said...

dude, our "mail man" is a chick...legally.

Linda Barton said...

...that is , until she can finish "saving up." lol ;0 ;)

Shelley said...

Ha ha...I was wondering how that was all going to go. My other friend whose hubby works from home just gave up the charade. But then again, her husband sometimes stays in HIS pajamas all afternoon too.

Marianne said...

Yep, I'm with ya, it's kinda sucky. But then again, don't you get a lot more done when he's home? ('cause you can't fake being busy anymore). I have complete sympathy for you!!

Alli said...

hahaha! :)

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

I love this post. so true

lissa said...

Crack me up! I do all those things, too. I'll have to keep Rich working away from home a little longer.

Scott R. said...

Don't worry. In time, you will become desensitized to what your husband thinks of you. I know this from 9 years with a work-at-home-husband. I can now report that I am completely free of keeping up any appearances for him. Poor guy.