I'm babysitting my sisters kids while she is at youth conference for a couple of days. She has amazingly smart and adorable children! Here are a few phrases I've heard so far.
"Jill, my Mom doesn't really like people talking baby talk to G. She doesn't want him to learn incorrect English." (that was from E who is seven)
Me: (this is after 20 min of giggling and throwing stuffed animals..I had to give some sort of a threat to stop the madness)" M, do you think you might sleep better if you laid on the floor in your Mom's room?"
M: " No thank you." (M is four)
Here baby boy is SO adorable! He is so good natured and easy going. He did cry for a bit right after Sarah left. I kept asking him questions to distract him. "Want to go b-byes??".....oh, excuse me, "Would you care to take a leisurely stroll in the out doors?...lol, anyway, I kept asking him little things and finally I said, "What do you want baby?" He immediately stopped crying and said, "Mom!" It was super cute and funny. He stopped crying shortly after, and has been happy ever since. :-)
I brought Annie and Ellie with me and as of now all the girls are upstairs playing...with only a few power struggles. I'm so glad we live close enough to hang out with our cousins once in a while.
3 comments:
Sounds like a lot of...work...FUN! It's nice to spend time with nieces and nephews. Enjoy!!
How fun. I bet they loved you...and Sarah and Scott do too.
Jill, Thank you so much for taking care of my children. G told me that you were exceedingly kind and energetic. Actually, he said "Buh!" which translates into the above. :) I also want to thank you for cleaning my house! In my rush to leave I forgot to instruct you to: not do anything. That's what you told me, remember? And I didn't. Next time I am so doing the dishes! Anyway, thank you for everything and I feel very honored to have my children make it to your blog.Thanks for saying they are cute and stuff. If I had a blog I would say the same about yours. Love!
Post a Comment