Thursday, September 3, 2009

Willow bend bash!!

Tonight our family had the fun opportunity to entertain Mike's Mom's neighbors at The Willowbend neighborhood party. We had a great time! The girls LOVED having their own microphones and each of them got to sing a solo. It was fun to see my girls doing something that I did a million times growing up. I hope this is the first of many functions they will get to sing at.



Casie sang, "Lost at Sea" from the Pirate play we just finished. Annie and Ellie sang back up. Ellie is just behind Casie so she can't be seen in this picture, but I wanted to post this picture because of Annie's head. She and Ellie thought it would be cool if they bowed their heads and swayed until it was time for them to join Casie on the chorus. :-) I also want to mention that Annie sang HARMONY during this number. What 8 year old does that??? Ellie's solo was " Do Re Mi", and Annie's solo was "Tomorrow." They all did a fabulous job! Oh, I sang Hold on from the Secret Garden, and Mike had a bunch of awesome solos as well. :-)What's a neighborhood party without the Chicken Dance??? Go white meat..it's your birthday...

Baby J stole the show with a high pitched squeal and out stretched hands to his Daddy during Mike's last song. What a sweet boy I have!!! Seriously, don't you just want to kiss him to pieces!!! (I am referring to Jack, not Mike...although Mike is equally cute..in a less small, less soft, less slobbery sort of way. )

5 comments:

Shelley said...

We missed you at Thrilling Thursday...but it looks like you had your own thrilling night! I love the song "Hold On". It's probably one of my favorite Broadway songs. I think I need to go listen to it right now...

Marianne said...

Very cute! Although we missed you at thrilling thursday. Maybe next year we can book you for our entertainment as well!

Heather said...

Wow, you guys are amazing! Such a talented familia!

Alli said...

That looks like a lot of fun! :) Go Beardens!!!

Malisa said...

What a talented family you have! I don't get to sing nearly as much as I'd like to. It all sounds so fun.