
My sweet husband turned 35 today!!! Here are 35 of the many reasons I love this guy.
1. He is SUPER cute...I am looking at him right now, but he doesn't know it.
2. His sense of humor...he is one of the few people who can surprise me with a funny comment and make me LOL for real.
3. He's so smart...in most areas..great common sense and very down to earth. Also a great speller!
4. He is a hard worker...last Saturday he spent 8 hours working in the yard!
5. He is non-judgmental....not the best when I am in the mood to gossip and such, but keeps me on the right path. :-)
6. I love when he has fun with the kids...he's not ashamed to laugh at them when they are weirdos. You can just see their little self-confidences soar when they see that their silliness made dad laugh.
7. He's an amazing singer. It was the first thing that attracted me to him. And he has only gotten better! I still watch him and listen to him in awe. Wonderful pitch center, wonderful tone and ok...very sexy to listen too. :-)
8. He is so talented at arranging music. Just listen to Joy to the World on Jingles 2!
9. He loves to travel. I was a bit of a scaredy cat when it came to getting out and seeing the world. Thanks to him, I LOVE it now! I'm so glad that he isn't afraid to go to new places and take us along!
10. He is a very good planner when it comes to traveling. Who can go to London and Paris with NO hiccups? He's amazing
11. He's very snuggable. :-)
12. He appreciates a simple meal. I love that I can place mac and cheese or a cheese sandwich in front of him and he is in heaven. :-) (notice they both involved cheese)
13. He can surprise me. He's good at planning surprises and not giving me any hints...not one of MY strong points
14. He takes care of our finances
15. He doesn't get mad at me when I spend money
16. He isn't addicted to sports. Not that he doesn't enjoy watching BB, but I am so glad he doesn't have to watch EVERY game EVERY day. :-)
17. He's good at sports
18. He is kind to animals. That sounds cheesy, but I think the way you treat animals says a lot about your nature. I think it's adorable..(in a manly way) when I come in to find him holding our hamster. :-)
19. He helps me clean the house....(even after he worked all day...what a good guy)
20. He is a good listener and seems to always have insightful answers to things
21. He doesn't gossip...again, sometimes that's annoying, but he helps me.
22. He doesn't swear...(I've never heard him swear EVER!)
23. He will watch chick flicks with me
24. He honors his priesthood
25. He loves his family, and is EXTRA sweet to baby J!
26. He does sweet things for us. Just an example, he brought us home doughnuts for breakfast on Friday. The girls LOVED it!!!
27. He reads my blog... I don't know why that makes me feel good, but it does. :-) He even commented once!
28. He always makes us kool-aide and popcorn when we watch a movie...(seriously, in 13 years of marriage I think I've made it three times...and we have it EVERY TIME we watch a movie)
29. He doesn't ever get mad if the house gets messy
30. He is kind to other people...another of the first things I loved about him. When I first stalked him...I mean met him, I had my room mate with me. He was so kind to her and made sure she was part of our conversation. That really meant a lot to me.
31. He is tall...I love that! (not to mention dark and handsome)
32. He has a strong testimony
33. He is strong...he got a bronze metal in arm wrestling at the Summer Games. :-)
32. He makes me feel happy just being close to him. Really, this is true. I get a rush of energy when he walks in the room.
33. He lets me pick his zits...even though he HATES it.
34. I still get butterflies when he grabs my hand....did I mention I think he's really cute!
35. He is the best husband in the world and I am so lucky to have him! I love you Mike!!!!!
11 comments:
Happy Birthday Mike! It sounds like you found yourself quite a catch Jill! No wonder you stalked him. :)
(BTW...it is my sister's birthday today too. Why are there SO many September birthdays? Don't answer that really. I can count back 40 weeks.) ;)
What great qualities! I'm sure there are more too, but thanks for sparing us the details! ;) Happy Birthday Mike! Thanks for being such a great guy to our sweet friend Jill!
He is an Awesome HUSBAND!!! I loved the Zit comment. My husband gets furious but I just have to do it
OH yeah ANnie...just not the right time. I'm sure you know
Happy Birthday Mike! Cute idea for a blog, Jill. I just might steal it for Dustin's birthday next month.
That's so sweet! What a great guy. Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Mike! It sounds like you guys have lots of fun together. We wish you many more years of fun and adventure.
I agree with the funny part. When I first met Mike I thought he was quiet and reserved- not even close! Anyone that doesn't believe me didn't see Joseph!
This was funny for me to read. I have to admit that Mike has one amazing voice. And Jill, as great as Mike is, he's very lucky to be married to YOU.
OH! Don't read anything into that. I was just thinking about how much I like you Jill and think you are uber-talented too!
What a nice tribute to a pretty cool guy! You guys are a great couple.....nice and nicer. (you can fight over which one you are. lol)
those were some good thoughtful comments and most of them are why I like (in a sister in law way) him too.
Post a Comment