Monday, February 2, 2009

Born to eat!!




I decided to give Jack some Rice cereal today. He has been wanting to eat constantly and has seemed really interested in the food we have been eating.
Because I have three other children, I know that the first feeding doesn't always go well. I was prepared for a big display of gagging, spitting and coaxing him to try and swallow just a little. From the first bite to the last, this little guy ate like a pro!! He eagerly opened his mouth and begged for more. He acted like he'd been eating solids his whole life! I didn't even have to do the whole, "scrape the chin and re-serve" method. I think I 'm going to start stocking up on food for when he's a teenager. :-)

9 comments:

Mom M. said...

Now, I KNOW who he looks like...or at least ACTS like...Grandpa Condie. He's probably already planning his next meal. (This is an inside joke for the family)

He is sooooooooooo cute, though.

Marianne said...

He's so adorable! Some babies love to eat, I think he's one of them! I bet if you start feeding him solids, he will grow like a crazy weed.

Linda Barton said...

He's starting to eat you out of house and home already...good boy!!!

Shelley said...

I don't know if that little guy can be any cuter!

Maybe it's a boy thing...both of my kiddos downed solid foods the first time I ever put it in their mouths too. But they eat and eat and are still little skinny things. Wouldn't that be nice to have that curse? :)

Jillo said...

Welcome to the world of boys! I go through a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk and a box of cereal almost every day. And they aren't even teenagers yet!
I would LOVE to come and take some pics of your kids for you, especially if we can trade for some hairbows. Just let me know what works best for you.
Thanks!

Jenni said...

What a doll Jill!!! And what a good boy! My boys refused rice cereal unless I mixed something with it. He is way too cute!!!

Jenny said...

Thats impressive! I've never had a baby eat like that! I don't think Kate is anywhere close to eating yet. I'll be sure to get her trained well before she and Jack go on a date to a fancy restaurant.

Heather said...

That is so sweet! Great job, Jack!

Mindy said...

I remember feeding Casie as a baby and it was all about the chin scrapen' and gagging. He looks like he is loving it but I have to admit I do see a little bit of sick boy in his eyes. It makes me sad. At least you are giving him some emense joy while he is getting better.