Sorry, of course everyone would like to know if we are bringing the kids. We decided not to bring them this time. We are even leaving Jack behind...:-( Mike and I both agreed that he would enjoy staying with his doting aunt Mindy, (aka babysitter extraordinaire) more than he would enjoy being dragged around Europe. I am having some anxiety about it, but I keep reminding myself that Mindy is a better/funner/nicer Mom than me. :-) (Just wait, the kids will cry when we come to pick them up) Another thing I didn't mention is that because Mike and I really wanted to seal our position as favorite children, we invited our parents along. Mike's Mom and Dave (her "special friend") and my Mom and Kent are coming along. (Dad and Pam, we will get you in on our next trip :-) All of them are seasoned travelers and we look forward to spending time with them.
We are still in the early planning stages of our trip, but I definitely want to go see Wicked. ( I couldn't get tickets to see it in SLC so I HAVE to go to London!) We will be leaving in about two months from now! Of course I will put plenty of pictures when the time comes. :-)
10 comments:
Brent went to England on his mish...I'm not sure how close to London, but he was in the Robin Hood place...um.. Sherwood forest er something. Sounds like a good time for google earth(my new favorite thing!!!)
Well, it sounds like you have a good plan! Let me know if you want my friend's e-mail address who lived there!
And sorry about sending a Sassy Sue customer over without warning today! ;) It sounds like she made it worth your while though. And we found the missing game piece and I will bring over your game soon. Ok, that's all for now. (Do you like how blogging comments have replaced e-mails now?)
If you really wanted to be the best sibling you could invite your sister too! I didn't know Mom and Kent were going. How fun! You guys will have a blast. I've never been to London, it's next on my list. Have a great time!
I remembered a little spot that you may want to hit. The Hyde Park chapel is right in the heart of downtown London, so if you're there on a Sunday, it would be an awesome place to go to church. It is the 2nd most expensive piece of real estate that the church owns. I had a friend that went to London a few years ago, and she said it was her favorite stop! You won't believe how many nationalities of members will be there. My first ward members from over 30 nations. The rest is pretty much obvious: Harrods, the theatres, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Piccadilly Circus, etc. I only spent one day north of the Thames (pronounced 'Tems'), so I didn't hit too many hot spots. Also, do not say, 'bloody' it is a curse word there! Seeing the cars drive on the other side of the street will blow your mind. Cheerio and ta!
How absolutely FUN! THat is great that Mom and Dave are going and your mom too! How long are you all going for? So if it is in a couple of months, doesn't that mean you are headed there in April?
OK- so fun! I hope you aren't going there to find a job like you have been threatening to do for the last 4 years!
and..bloody is a swear word everywhere English is spoken- Americans are a little behind in recognizing it though- we must have too many words already!
YEAH! I have been wondering if we got Jack for sure or not. I have been going around singing "we got Jack" to the kids just like they did in the movie "Annie", except we said Jack instead of Annie. We really should sing, "we got Jack, Ellie, Casie AND Annie".
You will have a blast and so will we. I LOVE to have them here and so does Kyle and of course my kids. We really feel blessed to have them. I will do my best to make sure they cry when you come to pick them up. Call or email me to give me the exact dates so I can make sure to clear my calander of all the "sitting-around-doing-nothing-all-day" appointments I had.
One more thing, you may secure big bonus points for inviting the parents along but I get even bigger ones for staying behind and tending the kids...and I dont mind at all, I never did get English humor any way and I hate tea! Ah ha ha ha ha ha...(this is where I fall over dead)
You know, from the "Princess Bride"
Sounds fun girl! All I have to say is that you should be careful driving over the London bridge in case it is falling down again.:)
Where are you going? Just London or touring around? I spent 10 days hiking in the Lake District and touring Northern England and LOVED it. One of my favorite trips ever. Totally romantic and beautiful. All those little lake towns are straight out of a Jane Austin novel (well the novel is more from there) York is enchanting.
Post a Comment