Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home for Christmas

After Mike's busy Christmas season, we are finally able to enjoy some family down time. I LOVE spending time with my sweet family on the days prior to Christmas. We are slowly creating some of our own Bearden Family traditions. Tonight we juiced some oranges ( one of our traditions) and had some awesome freshly squeezed O.J. Then we settled in to watch a movie together. So simple..so easy and so perfect.



Jack was in Bed during all the fun...but this is his general mood during the holidays. :-)



Tomorrow we decided to try a new tradition on for size. Mike has been raving about a Burger joint called 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. We plan on putting a twist on an old Hyde family tradition of Burgers on Christmas Eve. Why cook when you can eat out? :-)

8 comments:

Shelley said...

The OJ sounds like a fun tradition and you can't beat watching a good movie together! Jack is sure looking more and more like a Bearden everyday! He is darling. And I have heard rave reviews about that burger joint as well...have a Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Merry Christmas, Beardens! Looks like you're all ready. Jack looks like a little boy version of Casie to me... what a cute picture of him! Have a wonderful day!

Jillo said...

5 Guys Burgers and Fries is soo great! I was a little doubtful when I first walked in, there are huge sacks of potatoes lying around all overt the place. But yummmy! We are fortunate to have one about 2 minutes from my house. =)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jenae said...

We love freshly, squeezed Oj and miss our trees in AZ! Souns like fun traditions!:) Have a Merry Christmas Eve and Christmas & enjoy the down time. (We eat out on Christmas Eve too because it keeps the house clean for Christmas morning! YEA for Christmas

Love all the cute pics of the fam!:)

Emily West said...

Oh my gosh! Jack's little face is so sweet. His little smile warms my heart! I want some fresh squeezed OJ. What a fun tradition. Merry Christmas!

lissa said...

I'm all about 5 guys! We often go out for burger on Saturday nights...5 guys is our favorite - even though we have to drive 15 minutes to get to one...I hope they plant themselves near us soon.

Heidi P said...

Yum, just looking at that OJ made my mouth water!

Rekehl Johnson said...

Derek and my boys would LOVE the burger on Christmas Eve tradition. And not having to make a big meal or clean up I would LOVE that. I'm wondering if I should tell them about this....

- Rekehl