Here I sit with a tooth ache. Even the exciting Jazz game that's playing is not distracting me from the constant throbbing in my molar. UHHGG. If I could go back in time, I would have resisted the urge to chomp on ice while pregnant with Ellie. I have to believe it had everything to do with the 5 crowns I've had since. Unlike my strange sister in law Melissa, I don't joy in visiting the Dentist.
Let me share some of the many reasons:
Seven years ago, I had a cavity filled. As I waited those agonizing hours for my mouth to regain feeling, I began to wonder why it was taking so long. Turns out the Dentist hit a nerve and I was numb for THREE MONTHS!!! I still have a small patch on my chin that has no feeling.
Different Dentist, different cavity...This is what the Dentist said while working on my teeth "Oh crap....oh well, I don't care." I had my mouth full of his fingers so I couldn't ask what it was he didn't CARE about! All I could do was think..I CARE! I CARE!
My NEW Dentist is Korean and has a Korean assistant. For all I know they are talking about me behind my back...in front of my back. I want to be like Elaine on Seinfeld and bring in a "spy".
The first time I visited my new Dentist one of his assistants told me about the "cute little mouse" who kept coming into the office and eating the crumbs she put out for him!
I am thinking of pulling a CAST AWAY and buying some Ice Skates... I think it's time to take matters into my own hands. Sorry if that makes no sense..tooth aches make me a little crazy.

8 comments:
Is that your mouth? Yup its time to go to the dentist!!! Very aweful! I dont like the dentist either.
I hear ya...I have terrible teeth my whole life. I had a bad dentist a couple of years ago and he did a root canal wrong and now when I can afford it I will have to have SURGERY to fix it. Gotta love bad dentists. But I have a WONDERFUL, honest dentist if you need a new one. Let me know!! I would not feel very good going to a supposedly sterile office that was infested with a mouse friend!
Numb for 3 months! That's insane! I hate being numb! I think of that Seinfeld episode when I get my nails done :)
Heidi and I have a really good (really cute) dentist. He's in Draper.
i hate toothe aches too! but i thought i had a bad dentist! but he dosnt do half the things that has hapend to you! good luck!
Thank you for officially postponing the next dentist appointment I have scheduled! I never go twice a year. I always wait until I feel like I absolutely must go. Last time it had been 2 years!
This post cracked me up and then I realized my mouth hurt......sympathy pains I hope! :-) A mouse in a dentist office is never a happy sign. Heck, a mouse anywhere is never a good sign. Especially when it is a mouse skeleton hidden behind a electrical plate cover. Yummy!
Your teeth are really getting bad, Jill. I know what you're talking about with the ice skates. Do remember that he passed out after he pulled his own tooth. You have little ones who need you.
Mom
OK, it's Thursday. Come on girl! I feel the 100 in there somewhere.
Post a Comment