Monday, March 31, 2008

Children should be seen and not heard.

Last night at our monthly dinner with my family, Ellie told me she had something to say to everyone. I am always happy to let my kids speak in front of adults for confidence building and self esteem purposes. I made an announcement that Ellie had something she would like to share. When all mouths were hushed and all eyes were on her, Ellie stated..." Today in Church, my Mom told me to shut up."
After we all laughed our heads off, I had to defend myself in saying it wasn't in anger, but in teasing. (promise) I have decided that next time, I will ask Ellie what she would like to share before turning the floor over to her.

7 comments:

Emily West said...

How funny! Ellie is such a cutie. Last night at Renee's house, Aidan was smelling everyone and telling them what they smelled like. Everyone else was something pretty gross but he told me "you smell like a beautiful dog." To him, that was the best smell he could think of! :)

Shelley said...

That's hilarious! I could totally see her saying that.

Betty Grace said...

Laughing at that one. Hilarious.

Mindy said...

whats even funnier is that you were at church when you said it.

Anna B. said...

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. What a complete crack up. Love you Ellie!

Keri Kemp said...

ellie is sooo cute!!
i KNOW you were kidding about saying that to ellie!
lol

Ben Hyde said...

I was there when it first happened but I laughed again reading it over again. ;) Way to go Ellie.