Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I have an announcement......

No, I'm not pregnant...oh wait..yes I am!!! I am so excited to announce that the Bearden family will be adding another member in September..(that rhymed) I had my first appointment today with my awesome mid-wife Julie Jones. She is so amazing! Because I had a miscarriage six months ago, I was really nervous about hearing the heart beat. We couldn't hear anything for about 30 seconds and I started to get a little panicky. Then all of the sudden, there it was! It was such a relief to hear the pound..pound..pound of the tiny life that is surviving inside of me. I don't know if it's because I am older now, or because it took so long for us to get pregnant, but every emotion is magnified. I think I took for granted the miracle of life. I am so blessed, and feel so grateful for the gift of children.

Just a quick note: The heartbeat sounded like a girl, (160) but I feel SO different with this pregnancy that I think it's a boy...I guess we'll find out in 8-10 weeks! I will seriously be fine with either.

20 comments:

Shelley said...

Yay! I'm glad everything went well. I love hearing that little heartbeat for the first time. It is amazing.

Anna B. said...

Another Bearden!! Hooray!Hooray! I bet you $100 it's a boy. Really we are so excited for you.

Mom M. said...

Jill...I am so happy for number 15...and whatever it is..boy or girl, it will be blessed to be in your family.

Love, Mom Madsen

Anonymous said...

Oh hooray!! I'm so excited to know that I'll have another snuggle bug to cuddle with soon (the previous two don't snuggle with me anymore...)!

Love the bikes, too!

Mindy said...

Wow! How unexpected! Just kidding, I have known since Disneyland cause I pick up on those things...actually my single brother Mike noticed that she was using the bathroom a lot and quickly concluded that she was pregnant. Congrats Jill. I want you to have a boy cause its a whole new world as far as parenting goes but I know you produce adorable girls already so we are safe either way.

Layne said...

It would be good for you to have a boy. Then his sisters could dress him up and paint his nails, and he and Willa could cry to each other about how they wish they could switch families.

Amy said...

Congrats! I found you from the prairie ward blog. (btw-great idea) I'm glad we can keep up through blogs. I'm rootin' for a boy for you, but like you said-it is a miracle either way!

Stephanie F. said...

Congrats Jill! I bet your girls are SO excited to have a baby in the house :)

Jimmy said...

Congratulations! We just found out on Monday that ours is a boy, though we had an inkling that that would be the case. Hooray for babies!

Rachel said...

Okay, I kinda had a feeling you were, no really. One of your post a while back said something about food, and that you couldn't talk about it, then another post said something that made me say "huh, i wonder", and I was going to ask you yesterday when you brought the cookies (evil women, lol) but you just don't ask those ? LOL Anyway, I am soooo excited for you, babies are so fun!! Hope your feeling well!

Mom said...

Yay! Congratulations...I thought that you were a little baby hungry the last time that I saw you... :-)

Mom said...

Yay! Congratulations...I thought that you were a little baby hungry the last time that I saw you... :-)

Jenny said...

Yeah, Jill (and Mike)! I'm so happy for you! I just started a blog today partly because I enjoy yours so much! What digital scrapbooking site to you use? I want to make a cuter template/background. Congrats!

Carrie said...

what a surprise, congratulation, if it ends up being a boy, let me know how you bucked the trend.
Girls Rock.
I have actually just given up on the whole boy thing. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Feel better and send Ellie over.

Heidi P said...

Haha, is that really how your family found out? Mike was wondering why you were using the bathroom so much?! Thats awesome! Congratulations!! Any names picked out yet?

Jimi said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you (and just a touch jealous). I really didn't think you would have any more-I guess you are just full of surprises!

Amy said...

whoo hoo!! That's awesome!

Robyn said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a little boy who will pull faces and smile for you as easily as Miles would when you would come and visit.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you were going to announce via your blog. The heartbeat! What a miracle!

Mom

Adam and Bri VanSleeuwen said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see what it is!