Monday, March 24, 2008

Fun with Family

We had a great Easter weekend. On Saturday we went to Sarah's house and had a BBQ and an Egg hunt....she has some great pictures of the event..:-) Ben and his family were there too. Then we came home and prepared for Mike's Brother and family to come and stay with us. They came Saturday night and will be with us till Thursday. We are having lots of fun with them. Here's a quick recap of the events that have happened since their arrival.......


1.Buying, Setting up, and assigning beds....

2. Anna Yaks

3. We go to Church on Easter





4. We spend an hour making Easter dinner.

5. We spend 7 minutes EATING Easter dinner.

6. We play settlers...Mike wins.

7. Rich Melissa and Luke come.

8. We eat Strawberry shortcake...it's good.

9.We play compatibility...we find that Mike and I are the most compatible.

10. We find that none of us are compatible after 11:00 pm

11. We go to bed

12. Mike and I see a mouse when we go into our room

13. I scream

14. We set out Decon

15. Morning comes and we find that the Decon is missing.....

16. Brian rushes Ella the dog to the doggy hospital

17. Ella Yaks

18. We all have Biscuits and Gravy

19. Brandon (the dog) has biscuits and gravy

20. Brandon poops....A LOT




21. Anna and Jill clean the Sassy Sue room...

22. Mike and Brian go pick up "The New Baby"

23. "The New Baby" is a 50" TV



24. The house gets majorly trashed

25. We decide to leave the trash hole and go to Thanksgiving point

26. We have fun seeing animals and really cool Peacocks



27. The kids ride little ponies







28. We come home and put the kids to bed

30. All the adults settle in and watch Dan in real life.

31. My new favorite movie becomes Dan in real life.

32. We go to bed

33. I wake up and write this blog....two more adventurous days to go!

6 comments:

Anna B. said...

We are having so much fun at your house. Thanks for having us. Yakking always makes for good memories. :-)

Mindy said...

Sounds like your having a blast. Anna helped you clean the Sassy Sue room? Thats way nice...I only do bathrooms. So where did you put the new baby? Had you been planning that long?
Did Anna get into the Dcon too?
I love the movie Dan in real life too. I just saw it last week. It was cute but also there has been NOTHING good out by way of romantic comedys latley so it was a breath of fresh air!

Shelley said...

I love reading your blogs...they make me laugh. So did you kill the mouse or did the doggie eat the Decon? Yikes. I have seen mice in my garage, but I would seriously FREAK if I ever had one in my house...let alone my ROOM.

Emily West said...

Sounds like fun! I want to see that movie too. It looks good. Tell your kids I said hi! :)

Heidi P said...

Wow, great summary. "Dan In Real Life" became my new favorite movie this weekend too!

Betty Grace said...

Sounds like a good time!