Friday, January 8, 2010

Spinners Film Festival

Ok, now that you've seen the video, let me explain why it was made.
Shortly after the break out hit, "Chuck Chuck you Rock", my Brother-in-law Kyle and I thought it would be fun to have a family film festival. After all, the Hyde's are notorious for the their home videos, why not create a festival to show case them!? So Kyle proceeded to designed the logo, created a website,(where individuals could read up-dates on the festival, register their films, see previews of registered films, and even order "Spinners Gear"). He also organized the event, invited (and hosted) the family, and made the awards. (Wasn't I a big help?...and yet Kyle kept referring to, and quoting me as The President and Founder. ha ha)
The festival had three different movie categories: Music Videos, Documentary, and Feature Film.
During the screening, (which we kept calling the Viewing...and tried not to) each audience member was given a voting ballet containing the name of the film, and each of the actors/actresses who appeared in the film. Then we all rated them on a scale from 1-10. We also scored our overall enjoyment of the film.
We finished the night off with the Golden Spinner Awards. We had an MC (Stephen), musical numbers, ( Topp Hennessee (aka) Dad, Mike B. singing Any Dream will Do, The Beardens (us) sang, " A tribute to Cheese", and Sarah's family sang a song called "Believe"). We had presenters, (Mom and Kent, Dad and Pam, Amy and Jessica, and a special guest presenter...Chuck) And even beautiful models (Casie and Keri) to give the trophies to the winners. It was such a fun festival, and we can't wait until next year!

I am not sure why these are so small, but here are a few shots from the evening

Kyle explaining the voting procedures


I was so proud of the family for dressing up for the Awards!



Mike singing at the ceremony

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Ok Titanic it is...Great re-cap. It was a lot of fun!

Heather said...

What a creative family! That's so funny because I was actually trying to google 'Spinners Film Festival'! I was thinking, hey, I've never heard of that one!
Congratulations on all your awards!