In the kitchen right after school......
Ellie: Mom, Hailey and Alli aren't my friends anymore.
Mom: Why?
Ellie:(all in one breath) Just because I wouldn't let them butt in front of me in the line and you're not supposed to let people butt you in line and I was just following the rules.
Mom: Well, maybe next time you could say, " Well, I can't let you butt, but I will come to the back of the line so we can all stay together".
Ellie: (in a DUH tone) Mom, I love being in the front. You know how I roll.
I do know how she rolls.
Oh, and five minutes later she asked if she could call Alli to come and play. :-)
5 comments:
"Mom, you know how I roll..." How old is she again?! That's so cute. I remember making my BFF growing up sign a "contract" that we weren't BFF's anymore. I made our moms sign it and all. I think we made up the next day, if that. :) If we could all just be a little more like our kids, we'd be much better off. That's too cute!
Oh - you ARE in trouble with that one!
I like girls who roll like that...they stand up for themselves and get over stuff quickly!
.....that's how I roll...
I got a great mental picture of Ellie doing that as I read. Also, what happened to the post about Annie? THat's Kyles favorite. He keeps laughing about it.And it gives moms every where a good laugh too.
Mindy...the post about Annie is still there.. just scroll down a bit. :-)
Post a Comment