Monday, January 11, 2010

Back before Ellie lost her sweet tooth

Well, my NEW camera is broken! I need to take it to the camera instacare, but in camera land "insta" means 4 to 6 weeks. Luckily though, I have an awesome plan! My computer is full of adorable pictures that have adorable stories behind them. Until I get my camera back, (and maybe even after) I thought it would be fun to record some of my memories from the past.

So, as I might have mentioned, Miss Ellie has QUITE a sweet tooth. As this story will prove, she developed that sweet tooth very early in life:

When we were living in West Jordan, we had the Swan Man ( a magical man who brings ice cream right to your door!) visit us from time to time. One of the most delicious treats we ordered were mint chocolate chip ice cream cones. Of course the kids LOVED them! (especially two year old Ellie...who's sweet tooth was in full force!)


One day, I came into the kitchen to find her eating an ice cream cone. I scolded her and reminded her that those are special treats and she needed to ask me first. ( Plus she had already had one that day. ) Twenty minutes later I heard some peculiar noises coming from the kitchen. Little feet tip toeing across the kitchen floor.....the freezer door opening....the freezer door closing....the pantry door opening...and the pantry door closing.


Because I knew EXACTLY what I would find when I opened the pantry door, I grabbed my camera. Simultaneously, I swung open the door and took the picture.

Just LOOK what I found inside!


All I could do was bust up laughing at my naughty, crafty, adorable little two year old. I think she was glad that I was laughing too. :-)

Fast forward to present day. That naughty, crafty, adorable six year old informed her Grandma that she "lost her sweet tooth." She is pretty sure it was the one that fell out a couple of months ago. Although, in my opinion it grew back twice as sweet!



4 comments:

Heather said...

She's soooo cute! I wish I could lose my sweet tooth, too. Great idea, Jill. Sorry your camera is not feeling well.

Marianne said...

Very cute!

Shelley said...

I want one of those! Mint and chocolate are the two best things together in the world. Does Ellie want to come over for an ice cream party? :)

Lanell said...

Thanks for your concern for us. It was such a weird thing, but he is doing so much better. Your family is so cute. I love when kids think they are being sneaky! It does make for the cutest pictures!